Prison permissions - PEX

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Derugo, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Derugo

I'm having a few problems with PermissionsEx and the plugin Rankup. When a player ranks up, they only rankup in that world, when they enter another world, in this case a PlotMe plot world, they are back to the default rank. This is also blocking them showing in the correct group in /list (essentials).

I also am having difficulty with "multi-ranking" on my prison server. In addition with the above issues, I'm unsure on how to add another rank, such as a donator rank or staff rank, without interfering with the prison ranks (A-Z) and ranking up. I also want it so the group they're in that isn't A-Z to be the rank they're shown as in /list so it shows they are a donator or a staff member and not "A".

Please help, I've spent weeks trying to figure it out and everything that comes to mind just won't work. All and any help is extremely appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Link to the Rankup plugin I'm using: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/rank-up/

2. Offline

Derugo

Please let me know if you know of a solution! If possible, I don't want to change permissions or rankup plugins.

3. Offline

e-mitchell7

The rank issue is with multiverse i believe check the config for any group options and is rank a set as default in you permissions yml?

4. Offline

Derugo

e-mitchell7 Rank A is set as default in permissions file, yes. And there is nothing about groups in the multiverse config.

Another problem:
    [​IMG]

What shows in my PEx permissions file:
    http://pastebin.com/rUeEGQFc

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  5. Offline

watteffer_Jr

Show the permissions file and the rank up file using pastebin or in the code format

6. Offline

Derugo

7. Offline

Derugo

watteffer_Jr Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Or does anybody else know?

8. Offline

e-mitchell7

ok so i took a look and saw no yml errors in your pex file, i do know pex uses a inheritance: (group) heres a example so if you go from A to D you would have inheritance for B be A
    http://pastebin.com/Gi05WpRz

see if that wll do anythign if not ill keep trying Derugo

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016
  9. Offline

watteffer_Jr

Correct, try using inheritance in your Pex for each group. So for example, group B would have inheritance: A

10. Offline

Derugo

e-mitchell7 watteffer_Jr This doesn't solve my issue with multiple ranks though.

11. Offline

v7KillStreaker

Derugo I prob have saved you :) go into the rankup config and edit this and make it true :) override-groups: true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.