Put out all fire on a server

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Pezmantbh, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Pezmantbh

We had a problem with one of our servers which was using a lot of CPU and Memory usage. We found a lot of fires, but couldn't put them all out as there are too many.

We have put the plugin which stops fire spreading on, but the bug where logs burn indefinitely is preventing a lot of logs from burning fully.

I would greatly appreciate a plugin to do this.

Thanks!

2. Offline

Hohahihehu

I think the lag caused from discovering all the fire in the entire world would be worse than the lag caused from the fire itself. If you look up a plugin called WorldGuard, it should have settings to let you stop fire from spreading.

3. Offline

Pezmantbh

We have already stopped fire from spreading, but there are literally hundreds of blocks on fire... Probably thousands. The fire causes a lot of lag. I did a few tests on a clean server, and just a few blocks of fire increased the CPU usage and Memory usage of the server by a lot which my host isn't too happy about.

I understand if nobody wishes to create one, but it would be nice nonetheless.

4. Offline

Tsurara

Download WorldGuard plugin, use the /ex command. has the same thing on my server a while ago. works like a charm.