PvP/2v2 Plugin (Simple concept!)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by GPellizzon, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Offline

GPellizzon

Plugin category: PvP

Suggested name: Super 2v2

What I want (explained with some examples):

My Minecraft IGN is GPellizzon. I invite MichaelPvP to be my partner by typing /2v2 invite MichaelPvP . He can accept my invitation (by typing /2v2 accept GPellizzon) or decline it (by typing /2v2 decline GPellizzon). Let's pretend that he accepted my invitation, and now we're a team. We want to invite FreddieGamer and his partner (that we don't know the name) for a duel. To invite him, we hit him (or his partner, but sadly we don't know who he is) with a stick. In order to accept my invitation, all he gotta do is hit me with the stick or even hit MichaelPvP. If he wants to decline it, just don't hit any of us.

(If I want to invite any other player that isn't FreddieGamer or his partner after trying to invite them, I must wait 15 seconds.)

Let's pretend that FreddieGamer accepted my invitation. After accepting it, we will fall on the arena with some items (that we will configure after the plugin is done, just tell us how) and fight until death!

Ideas for commands:
    /2v2 invite [playername]
    /2v2 accept [playername]
    /2v2 decline [playername]

Ideas for permissions:
    super2v2.use (Allows the player to use the functions that this plug-in offers. If I set this to false, players won't be able to use this plugin's functionalities)

OBS.: If this plug-in already exists, PLEASE TELL ME!

74 views and no replies? C'mon man :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  2. Offline

GigiBeast

Hey Hey! Cool concept out there! I think im gonna try to code this out for you! Just for you to know, im not a pro coder, I would qualify myself intermediate, so im not sure how much time it will take me!

I will inform you of any progress.

Just a question: which version of Minecraft are you using? Is 1.7.10 ok for you?

Ok, here is how I will do it:

- GPellizon will type in /2v2 invite MichaelPvP and MichaelPvP will be sent an invitation
    - If MichaelPvP types in /2v2 accept GPellizon, a new team will be created and those 2 players will be added to it
    - If one of those 2 players it another player with a stick, if the other player is in a team, he will be sent an invitation
    - If the invitation is accepted, the 4 players will be teleported to a location, basically an arena you set in the config
    - Their inventories will be saved and they will be given custom kits (defined in config)
    - They will fight to death
    - When there will be no players left in a team, they will be teleported back to where they were (ex. spawn), they will get back their inventories and the teams will be deleted, so everything can restart.

Is that ok for you???

Ok, now I have the invite and the accept command working. I am working on the creation of the team. I will stop for tonight, but I will continue tomorrow.

3. Offline

GPellizzon

Thank you so much! I think that 1.7.5 would be fine. It can be any version before 1.7.9.
    Did you already start programming? If so, sorry for taking so long to reply :S

Will it be a problem to make it for 1.7.5?

4. Offline

GigiBeast

It's ok, ill do it for 1.7.5!!! But I think my 1.7.10 version would work with 1.7.5.

Here is what I have so far:

Commands:
    - Players can invite another player by typing /2v2invite <name>
    - Players can accept an invitation by typing /2v2accept <name>
    - Players can decline an invitation by typing /2v2decline <name>
    - Players can see their teammate by typing /2v2team
    - Players can leave their team by typing /2v2leave
    - Players can create an arena by typing /2v2create

Features:
    - You can't be damaged by someone in your team.

5. Offline

GigiBeast

I think im finnally done! Not sure tough, because I need to test it out with some people, but inviting/accepting works! I need to test if im ok with teleporting, giving kits and everithing else!

6. Offline

GPellizzon

Alright! Thank you so much for making this plug-in!

7. Offline

GigiBeast

Hey Hey, long time since ive written something here! The progress is going great, im just working on arenas. Tested it and they were not worki9ng well :(. So im working on arenas. I didn't forgot you, I continue working on Super2v2!

8. Offline

GigiBeast

Everything is going well, I think the arenas are working now!

9. Offline

GigiBeast

Lost my sources... Restarting!

10. Offline

GPellizzon

Hi there!
    Thanks for giving me some feedback!
    But, what did you mean with "lost my sources"?

11. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

GPellizzon Most commonly: he has lost what he made and had to start again

12. Offline

GPellizzon

LOL, thanks

13. Offline

GigiBeast

Okay, here i am again! Working great, the plugin is 3/4 finished! Ill tell you when ill be finished! Sorry for the time, im trying to do my best!!!