PVP Toggle

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MCMastery, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Offline

MCMastery

I have a "PVE Network" on my server, with different worlds made with different generators, and the world's inventories are shared. But I want it so people can PVP only if they want to.
    So, if Joe wants to PVP, he can turn his PVP State to "on". This means that people with their PVP State turned to "on" can PVP with him, and he can PVP with others who have their state on.

If Joe doesn't want to PVP, he can turn his state to "off". This means that no one - even with their PVP state turned on - can PVP with him. Also, Joe can't PVP with anyone either.

To avoid people turning their PVP state off in the heat of battle, the plugin would require people to relog to toggle their PVP State, so it would work perfectly with CombatLog.

Name: PVPToggle
    Need it in: 1-3 weeks
    Command:
    - /pvptoggle Toggles your current PVP state (on/off)
    Permission:
    - pvptoggle.use

2. Offline

GyllieGyllie

contact me in PM so we can talk about this a bit more

3. Offline

jwa1

Please keep discussion about the plugin in the forums. What you are doing now is against the forum rules.

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

GyllieGyllie

Garris0n likes this.
  5. Offline

GyllieGyllie

jwa1 timtower, i didn't know it wasn't allowed, we didn't really discussed anyhting in PM yet, just a timing for the first version

6. Offline

wazoomie

7. Offline

RRServer

I can have this project done tonight, I was working on a small project to learn about how "teams" worked in minigames. I'll provide a dropbox link when I'm done.

Here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ay46i3deh4g7u8i/PvPToggle.jar

The plugin's main command is : /pvptoggle
    There are no permissions needed to use the command.
    I didn't have the time to implement a configurable cooldown time for the command, I can add this later if you don't feel like using a cooldown plugin such as boosCooldowns.
    I didn't take the time to make the messages and their prefixes configurable, I can implement this if you want, however once again, I didn't have the time tonight.
    Players are able to toggle their PvP status to ON with /pvptoggle, however they can only have this status turned off by disconnecting/quitting.

If you have any questions/suggestions, make a reply to this post and I'll get to it when I can!

Thanks,
    RRServer

Quick bump , wanna check if OP is satisfied with the plugin and so that a forum mod can marked this as filled.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016