Random drop outs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by ledhead900, Feb 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ledhead900

Anyone else getting random drop outs when ppl conect from over the internet.

Specificly with craftbukkits 23x builds ?

Only thing thats really changed was I added Dynmap and updated to to 232
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 2:00 PM ---
    Players can log in but kinda just randomly dc after 40 sec or so.

2. Offline

TnT

I was running 231 last night and had a bunch of new players join my server. No one had that problem. (I also run dynmap - one of my favorite plugins)

3. Offline

ledhead900

hmm what else could it be, I mean it was running fine a couple builds ago.

I got 1gig set to the server and the garbage collector is enabled for java.

It could be some other plugin but I would not know what one if any. If your connect locally it seems fine you don't dc.

4. Offline

TnT

Anything causing your ISP connection to flake out? Any errors on your console?

5. Offline

ledhead900

No error in console, no time outs, I see people trying to get on and some of them get the disconnected, Its probably just internet whitenoise trying to talk to the server over the port.

Other then that I see people trying to join but the whitelist kicks them and allows only those on the whitelist.
    Currently there is two of us connected locally. I'm on my gaming rig, my friends on his laptop he gets DC sometimes but only like every 40min or something strange his MC done that even in SP apparently.

Me on the other hand stable as a horse No drops at all.

I dont run a very large server its hard to get numbers in but we end up with about 7 regular guys on from day to day.

I just strange as the issue only happend since I portfowarded the Dynmap or udated to 232. The guys that got dc was about 4 of them at the time they decided to calll it a night as It was not working for them.

I have since removed all player files, since its not a big deal as we currently under Whitelist mode for certian ranks + only. no guests.

It was fairly stable before these couple of updated and some plugin updates to work with those new updates.
    Had some computers issues in the past to do with OC not being stable ect ect, or the -server java commnd line seems to always make the server crash with java exception errors after some 14hours of up time.

But it seems to run ok without -server command line.

Right now I have no one who is trying to connect
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 3:43 PM ---
    Seems this is whats happening

PHP:
    2011-02-04 02:37:30 [WARNINGCan't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloa
    ded?
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet.b(SourceFile:102)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.f(SourceFile:157)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.c(SourceFile:15)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkReaderThread.run(SourceFile:68)
    2011-02-04 02:39:10 [INFO] Spunkan lost connection: disconnect.genericReason
    2011-02-04 02:39:11 [INFO] Freed 22.872764587402344 MB.
    2011-02-04 02:39:13 [WARNING] Can'
    t keep upDid the system time change, or is the server overloa
    ded
    ?
    WhitelistPlayer Spunkan is trying to join...allow!
    2011-02-04 02:39:23 [INFOSpunkan [/10.0.0.23:54519logged in with entity id 1291
    Player count

I never seen so many can't keep ups not since Hmod. I only used to see one as the server first finished starting then maybe 1 or 2 during some worldedit commands but not like this.

I read that the Freeing of ram has been a hassle for some in the past.
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 3:51 PM ---
    Tho I cant remember what you added to the Server.prop to get bukkit to not free ram when users dc or leave

6. Offline

TnT

What command are you running your server with? I never use the -server Java flag myself, haven't seen a need to. We may get into asking you a bunch of questions, fill out this thread and post the answers here, it should answer most of them for us.

The Warning: Can't keep up messages are in there on the Vanilla MC server. I've gone to great lengths to remove them, but still get them every once in a while (mainly during c10t mapping processes, especially if anyone is playing at the same time as that runs). It is almost always disk I/O that causes it. If you run Linux, I suggest setting up a ramdisk. I can link you to How-To's if you want.

7. Offline

ledhead900

Server Os - Windows Server 2008
    Ram 3gigb ddr2 800
    Cpu 2.54ghz Amd Athlon X2 - Nasty well its ok it has done its job for over 4months with Hmod and support 10ppl fine.

Hdds
    114gb Ide Hdd OS
    146gb Ide Hdd Dedicated Server

Im pondering if installing my Current Raid sataII 300gig Raido backup drive with 190gig left on it into the server is a wise choice.

I can always Direct the backup of my Steam and Wow Folder to the server computer.Only thing stopping me ripping that Sata hdd out for the server is the fact its pretty well useless unless I have two sata drives installed one for the OS as well.

As for How I start my server

PHP:
    @echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2024M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    Pause
    In a .bat file.

edit
    oh crap did not see that link you sneakly hiddin in your post for me to fill out I will do this then.
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 4:42 PM ---

1. Windows Server 2008 R2 or later

2. X64 - why anything else these days

3. java version "1.7.0-ea"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0-ea-b126)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b06, mixed mode)

5. @echo off
    "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xincgc -Xmx2024M -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    Pause

6.Click this link to find out

7. Errors none apart from Spunk DC but his CLIENT Actually exits it self randomly at times so I blame his laptop for this and not the server issue I currenly have. Please find attached serverlog

8. Removing dynamap,Ran HDD surface test,Ran memtest,Rebooted pc,Restart server couple times

9. Have you tried any of the things below? - well sure but Im not going to do the basic stuff as I know it worked a couple builds ago with 5ppl fine
    --- merged: Feb 3, 2011 5:05 PM ---
    oh and is it just me coz I cant do any console commands other then stop with craftbukit build 232

Attached Files:

8. Offline

TnT

9. Offline

ledhead900

wise words tho it has been working fine for with the only issues being a power faliure totaly destroyed a stick of ram we had in the server and caused it to power off overnight nightly, I have rectified this. and bukkit had been running fine since 128 no issues.

I think it might be half and half here tho with the recent change of the the way bukkit handles the command hook.

It might be a bad plugin. I cant exactly start the server with out some plugins installed based on the fact that my world will set fire, I could always just load a blank map hmmmm...

I upgraded Essentials again last night and have only seen one person join since then and since I changed my server starting command line arugemnts to what I posted above. He thankfully did not DC nor did he DC after Dynmap was installed and he still did not randomly dc.

I noted that he did dc before this change and he also reported some lag prior to me adjusting some things.

I had a word with him last night while he was on he said server seemed lag less for him again and no DC as of yet.

I have faith in java 7 as I have been running it ever since last days of Hmod, It seems only Clients with java 7 have issues by this i mean My Client spazez out with some lag if I use J7 but J6 works fine.

Server end tho its actually faster with J7.

We will see how tonight goes just updating some plugins again and bukkit *fingersX*
    --- merged: Feb 4, 2011 10:49 AM ---
    Oh yea that link you just gave me is where I found the java command line that replaced -xms :) I was actually reading that thread as well.

Before that I was still using a long command line with some extra crap going stuff was recommend in Hmod to use.
    Basicly the stuff that is listed in the Minecraft.net forums under a thread called java optimizations.

Server seems smoother with out them on bukkit using the new start method I posted.

10. Offline

TnT

I'm glad its working now. The Java 7 was just a suggestion, I've heard the same thing - it runs better.

Code:
    -Xmx2024M

Were you like: "Fuck that other 24 MB's!" when you entered that? ;) (Also, you can simply use 2G instead).

11. Offline

ledhead900

Yea I forgot I could, Was really tired when I set that up, issue seems to be gone 5 ppl connected no drop outs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.