Random Events

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by AltosProd, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Offline

AltosProd

I need a plugin that imitates random events, sort of like in Runescape if you've ever played the game. It's a pretty big project, so reply if you think you can do it. I'll give more details.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

AltosProd You probably want to list details right away, most people don't like it when they have to accept things without knowing what.

3. Offline

AltosProd

timtower Okay, well it's sort of a lot to list out, but here goes..

I WANT EVERYTHING TO BE CONFIGURABLE. MESSAGES, MOB TYPES, LITERALLY EVERYTHING THAT IS POSSIBLE TO PUT INTO A CONFIG FILE.

Basically, a mob shows up randomly to a random player, unable to be killed or moved, and it sends the player a message that the mob is "trying to get help from them". The player should have the option to do /re accept or/re deny if they want to do the event or not. It should send three messages or so about four or five seconds apart before the mob just disappears and the player's accept command opportunity times out. Players shouldn't be able to get random events while in PVP.
    There should be three or four event types, like trivia or a maze. A maze type could just be a start and end point set with WorldEdit, using /re <event> start and /re <event> end (admin commands). This way, I could use the maze type as an actual maze, a parkour, or something else that just requires two points.
    Another type could be trivia, where the player is asked a few questions with the question string in the config file, along with a list of answer strings, sort of like this:

question1: 'What block in Minecraft can you not break in survival mode?'
    answers:
    - 'bedrock'
    - 'bed rock'
    question2: 'What update version was the redstone block released in?'
    answers:
    - '1.5'
    - '1-5'
    - '1.5.2'
    - 1-5-2'

A third type might be something like a maze, but it's just a big area, like a mine on prison servers, and the player has to essentially find the needle in the haystack to win.
    The types in the config should be maze, trivia, and mine.
    If the player completes the event within a specified time period, then they get sent back to the server's spawn point. If they do, however, commands will be executed as determined in the config file. I want everything configurable in case you missed that. Everything. Eevveerryytthhiinngg.

After the event is over, the player is to be teleported to their previous location.

This is really just a quick overview, there's a LOT more that I'd need to go over to make this plugin work.

4. Offline

AltosProd

5. Offline

xXSilverswordXx

you might have to hire a dev to get this done, but not on these forums.

6. Offline

AltosProd

7. Offline

TheYamsMan

xXSilverswordXx is right, almost nobody on these forums can actually do all that.

xXSilverswordXx likes this.
  8. Offline

AltosProd