Randomly kill players

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by srsdude, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Offline

srsdude

So I don't want to ban the griefers, but I want to annoy them as much as possible.

I'm already using the annoy plugin with the extra annoy option (basically spams your chat window), and I'm looking for something that will kill them with lightning, lava, or any method really, on a random basis. Their items should get wiped and the kills should happen randomly, maybe by choosing a random time in a range.

I will be satisfied with anything of the sort, even just a basic timed kill plugin, however I have an idea for a more fun way to kill them (I know what the MeanAdmins plugin is, and it's not what I'm looking for)

Some more fun ways to kill griefers randomly would be to teleport them to a pre-set warp point, and I could make a water/lava chamber that will drown/burn them the moment they teleport. Or I could set a warp point in the sky, and watch them fall.

Or it could spawn mobs in random groups around the griefer and deleting all armor from his inventory.

Teleporting the player around randomly would also be funny, for example teleporting the person some blocks away either randomly or when that person tries to mine something.

Once again, I'm looking for something as simple as a timed kill machine with only one parameter - the time range in seconds (the minimum and maximum time before the player is killed, like 15-60, and a random time is chosen before every kill) , and two commands - /griefer [username] and /notgriefer [username] to mark players as griefers. Maybe /listgriefers to show all the players currently listed as griefers.

Come on, it would be fun :D

2. Offline

matter123

i could start working on this

3. Offline

Benjaneer

Sounds lovely ;) If this is made i will install it one my upcoming server;)

4. Offline

srsdude

please, do! [cake]

5. Offline

matter123

ok
    is it ok if the griefer list doesn't persist past server restarts.

6. Offline

Benjaneer

I didn't request this plugin but it would be nice if you made that optional...:)

7. Offline

srsdude

If it doesn't, then I would need to record all the names somewhere else and enter a command for each of them every time I start the server :(

8. Offline

dark_hunter

Why not /tempban to let them cool down?

9. Offline

srsdude

There's no fun in that!

10. Offline

dark_hunter

Banning is not fun for sure, but when its time to cool down and think about what you did its well worth it.

11. Offline

matter123

ok ill make it were players name persist

12. Offline

srsdude

I'm looking forward to it :D

13. Offline

matter123

so pick a random delay then pick a random player then pick a random event?

14. Offline

dark_hunter

This is gonna be some brutal plugin.

15. Offline

matter123

16. Offline

srsdude

I would like to customize the delay, and kill only those whom I marked as griefers :)

17. Offline

Benjaneer

YES! Grief The Griefers I say.....:D

18. Offline

matter123

@srsdude i meant from the greiferlist and do you want a random delay from the time zone you like 1 to 5 minutes
    or always 3 miniutes

19. Offline

srsdude

yes a random delay from 0.5-3 minutes would be nice :)

20. Offline

Benjaneer

Or even better a random delay that could be configed to be between 2 time lenghts..... please if you can... Then if its an esepecially annoying greifer you could make it every 10 seconds :p That would be funny.. Spawn then Boom! dead....:D

21. Offline

srsdude

that's what I suggested in the OP

22. Offline

Benjaneer

Sorry it sounded like you were asking him to code having a random time between the values specified in your post not a config ...my bad; I read it wrong ;)

23. Offline

srsdude

Well if I can't customize it then I would like it to be anywhere between 30 seconds and 3 minutes :)

24. Offline

matter123

@srsdude i got the random delay between 30 seconds and 3 minutes working also if you want to tell me anything add a @matter123 to your post

25. Offline

srsdude

@matter123 Thanks for your reply :) I hope the plugin is doing well and thanks again for (hopefully) making my request a reality :D

Things that would be nice:
    /griefer or /gr [player] or similar command to mark griefers
    /notgriefer or /ngr [player] or similar command to forgive griefers
    /grieferlist or /hallofshame to list all current griefers

It should kill all players marked as griefers using a random cause of death, every X seconds, and re-roll for a new random time after each kill wave. If the time range is not customizable, please make it 0.5-3 minutes. If you plan on making it customizable, I would like to enter a time range in seconds.

Oh, I forgot, if permissions support is too hard or time consuming to implenent, just use ops.txt, I'm fine with that :)

Using other plugins I will take away the griefer's commands and build rights, so they can walk around and get killed until they start raging and leave >: D

26. Offline

matter123

should each player have a customized random kill time wave?

27. Offline

Benjaneer

That would be Great! :D But.... you should listen to srsdude...it was his plugin request after all ;) Can't wait for this one to come out.

28. Offline

matter123

what random events should i have to kill people
    ?

29. Offline

Benjaneer

Hmm lightning would be the obvious one, maybe a few creative ones like lava spawning on their heads or something, or teleing them to a set location where they would die because of some sort of trap? Ask Srsdude but i would like to be able to instead of randomly killing, them force them to be teled to a building [at a random amount of time after spawn] where they have to survive various greifer style traps, I would protect the area so they couldn't build or dig their way out and they would just wind up dying in there. There could even be a viewing room so that others can see 'what happens to greifers' of course this would all be optional and totally up to you guys ;) Just my ideas.:D

30. Offline

matter123

hmm how about when they punch a block it turns to tnt?
    and spawn alot of mobs around the player
    lightning
    drop them from they sky