Ranks for the amount of players you've killed

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ocomobock, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Offline

ocomobock

I didn't see a plugin like this so I thought I'd suggest it.

You can create custom ranks through a config file. It's pretty simple really. This is what it might look like:

killamount: 15
    name: Murderer
    color: grey

killamount: 45
    name: Assasin
    color: yellow

killamount: 85
    name: Killing Machine
    color: red

And so on and so forth. It could have something in the config file that you could copy to create a new rank, like this:

killamount:
    name:
    color:

I think it would be pretty easy to make. Sure, there might a kill counter, but I think ranks would be cool. Something would also pop up when you reach a new rank that says:

"Your rank has been upgraded to <rank> for getting <number> kills!"

2. Offline

Sayshal

Hell yeah this looks awesome. :) you could also add the opposite effect for deaths.
    deathamount:15
    name: Weakling
    color: pink

3. Offline

zackpollard

i shall take a look into this because it looks really awesome.
    If i do then i might get it out in a couple of days but iv only just learnt java and i have GCSE revisions atm so yeah...
    Im not making any promises but i will take a look at it

4. Offline

ocomobock

Alright, hope you can make it!

5. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Pm me if this needs to be done :)

EDIT: To whoever else sees this, I'm working on the plugin now. It will be called DeathScore

6. Offline

dillyg10

EDIT: NVM, I don't want to steal som1 elses thunder :D

7. Offline

zackpollard

Hi
    I was gonna make a start on this today but seen as your doing it i obviously wont. If you want a maintainer for this plugin then i am happy to help with that. I really like this plugin idea and i would put some time into maintaining and adding new features that people want.
    Hope u let me be maintainer :)
    Thanks
    Zackpollard

8. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Sure- wait... Well... The way i'm making it isn't very simple. I added a couple extra options to the plugin, but once i'm done I would be willing to hand the project over to you (as long as you're sure you're good enough at coding).

9. Offline

zackpollard

Well i am pretty sure i could work out how u have coded it but once ur done i will take a look at it and tell u if i can handle it if thats ok :p
    Another solution is we both stay maintainers and that i handle most things and if there is anything i cant handle i hand it over to you.
    Thanks
    Zackpollard
    P.S. I have just started coding but i am fairly good at maintaining and adding features. I'm learning all the time and have a great teacher that is always helping me when (if) i get stuck. I also have templates from the plugins he has created and have my plugin that i made myself aswell. In the end it is up to you and so if you dont want me to do this then its fine but i would love to and my suggestion above would proparbly be the best solution. :)

10. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab