[INACTIVE][MECH] rBorder v0.3 - Simple, Circular Borders [677]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Reil, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Reil

rBorder - simple, circular map border
    Version: v0.2

Lets you create multiple circular borders on a per-world basis. Simple, efficient, elegant.​

Features:
    • Set a circular border centered around the spawnpoint of adjustable radius.
    • The lightest you can get -- optimized to make the fewest/cheapest calculations possible.

plugins/rBorder/config.yml:
    Code:
    borderalert: You have reached the border!
    borders:
        Border1centeredonspawn:
            world: world
            radius: 1400
       Namedoesntmatter:
           world: world
           radius: 50
           x: 250
           z: 100
       Tonetherwithit:
          world: nether
          radius: 400

Made to be as lightweight and resource anorexic as possible. Will probably not be adding many more features outside of a basic command to modify/reload the two properties.

Changelog:
    Version 0.3
    • Altogether new properties file. Can define multiple borders, borders are per-world.
    Version 0.2_1
    • Fixed properties file not saving properly. Fixed check for teleportation. Added check and message for logging in outside border. Added check for vehicle movement.
    Version 0.1
    • Original release.

2. Offline

QQCucumber

YES. THANK YOU.

I can now finally migrate to Bukkit. [​IMG]

3. Offline

Brettflan

If a person gets beyond the border (by warping, or being outside of a new/smaller border radius, or whatever), they get stuck spamming the border alert message (to themselves and to the server output), unable to move. Warping back inside the border fixes it, for instance using /spawn.
    I've also found that boats are not blocked, so I assume other vehicles are likewise not blocked. Getting out of a boat past the border naturally also causes the aforementioned alert message spamming and being stuck.

4. Offline

Reil

Hitting a spamfest + getting stuck from already being outside the border is expected; I'm trying to figure out how to deal with that while minimizing computation time. Maybe a check during log-on.

As for warping; the plugin should already have been barring people from warping outside of the radius. I'd accidentally overridden the line that did the actual barring. Fixed now (you can't teleport outside the radius anymore).

I've updated the plugin to now check for vehicles. Players can't get through the border, but empty vehicles and vehicles manned by mobs can.

5. CraftBukkit #141 (= Bukkit #74), Windows 2008 Server.
    Default config file is not created. After creating it manually the config options are not written and you have not provided their names, so I have no clue how to limit the map to something other than 5000 - would have been helpful if you actually listed the config variables. :-P

Update: OK, I checked the source. The variables with their default values are:

Code:
    size=5000
    Alert=You have reached the border\!
    AlertSpawn=You logged in outside the border\!
    P.S. I know you want to keep the plugin simple and while the old hMod BorderLands got a bit overboard with laws and whatnot I'd still like to see more than one border - our old world has a funny shape since it's two circular 2100 radius borders with a 100 radius area overlap.

6. Offline

Reil

That might be doable. I'd have to restructure the properties file, though.

Working on getting the file to save properly. It was working... for a moment. In the meantime, rebuilt for 159.

EDIT: I think I've fixed it. :3

7. Yeah, I looked how you saved the border and figured the format is perfect for supporting multiple borders already, since you are saving a lot of info.

Sorry, mistook it for the Border Guard plugin. In any case - Border Guard saves detailed info on borders but only allows for square ones and also one border only. :-P

8. Offline

Brettflan

Seems to be working as intended, no bugs evident now from brief testing.

Hitting a border with a boat (or minecart, probably) is a little annoying in that you get stuck spamming the "hit the border" message for a short bit before you can break free. Not too bad, just slightly annoying.
    On the other hand, it's less annoying than how BorderGuard works. With BorderGuard, you're ejected from your boat and it sails off beyond the border, irretrievable. [​IMG]

9. Offline

Penorzilla

Not exactly sure what you mean when the .properties can edit the border size. It spammed me with errors til I made the directory for /plugins/rBorder/

Than the .properties file it made has this:

#Border Plugin properties
    #Fri Jan 28 16:56:04 CST 2011
    Alert=You have reached the border\!

10. Offline

leocraft

I don't think this plugin works. I created the properties file manually, but the plugin still did nothing.

11. Offline

Brettflan

It's working fine for me on CraftBukkit 162.
    When you start up CraftBukkit, you should see something to this effect to let you know it's loaded:
    Code:
    2011-01-28 23:37:20 [INFO] [rBorder] Loaded.  Size:200
    2011-01-28 23:37:20 [INFO] [rBorder]: Spawn location:0, 68, 0.
    In my case, for this test world, you can see I have the border size set to 200 for a small sample map. Also, you can see it's determined the spawn location (correctly).

EDIT: for reference, this is what my rBorder.properties file contains:
    Code:
    Alert=You have reached the end of the world\!
    size=200

12. Offline

Euthyphro

Using craftbukkit 162 it does not auto create the rBorders folder or config.

Code:
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: plugins/rBorder/rBorder.properties (No such file or directory)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:137)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:96)
            at com.reil.bukkit.rBorder.BorderPlugin.onEnable(BorderPlugin.java:46)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:293)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:175)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:64)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:181)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

13. Offline

Pulec

Does it work with BorderGuard plugin enabled at the same time?
    I had circular border in the "old world" 2.5km the r (it was so big that 30+ active players explored it only from half) and on bukkit i ported via teleplus 10km away from first spawn creating border with Borderguard.
    I could just make new world but some players were so attached to their stuff that I decided to go back and reuse the place somehow in the future. So if I disabled border ported back to 0,0,0 and make rborder there, then ported back to new world skipping the empty space between borders which should not touch, it should work, right?

I tested on build 166:

Code:
    2011-02-01 05:59:37 [INFO] [rBorder] Loaded.  Size:5000
    2011-02-01 05:59:37 [INFO] [rBorder]: Spawn location:10000, 73, 0.

but i could not find any plugins/rBorder/rBorder.properties

Same on build 188

no conflict with BorderGuard with no borders set

looking forward to editable rBorder :)

14. Offline

EvilSeph

15. Offline

Reil

Another update to try to get the properties file working. Also, turned on thread notifications on this topic, because apparently I hadn't, and missed a bunch. Fixed the first post up to meet submissions guidelines more properly.

16. Offline

Arisilde

Love this plugin. Can we get an update?

17. Offline

Brettflan

It's working fine for me on CraftBukkit build 232.

18. Offline

arthoz

The plugin itself works fine on CB 238, but does not create rBorder folder or rBorder.properties on its own, it also doesnt add size=5000 as default to the properties file, only the alert messages.
    Edit: It also modifies the properties file on each server start for some reason

19. Offline

Reil

I think... I've finally fixed it. I was using createFile instead of mkdir for trying to make the folder, amongst other things. Can someone confirm?

20. Offline

Winston

Just installed the plugin, and ran the jar. It works, and it creates the folder and the properties file.

Reil likes this.
  21. Offline

Reil

Yay!

I guess the next update will have to deal with worlds, then.

22. And multiple focal points? :3

23. Offline

Reil

Oh fine~ It'll take longer than a simple multiple world thing though. For this, I shall YAML!

24. Offline

Carve

I've upgraded this to work on my server with the latest Craftbukkit (latest as of last night, 311 I think?)
    It simply grabs sets the rBorder to "world" (main world on my server is labelled world).

If anyone wants it just say so and I'll upload it.

25. Offline

Reil

I'd be glad to take a look at what you've done. :3

Can anyone confirm something for me? In its current state, the plugin should work in a way: it'll just apply the exact same border to everything (same center, same radius).

26. Offline

Carve

It doesn't work as-is, simply change getWorlds().getIndex(0) to getWorlds()[0] that worked for me

To add the multi-world support simply get an int count of the getWorlds index and loop through with it. (I was lazy and just did "world" since theres no real "finished" single player clone of the Nether Gate yet)

27. Offline

Arisilde

Doesn't seem to work with the new version of CB(300+). Throws up this error:

SEVERE: org.bukkit.Server.getWorlds()[Lorg/bukkit/World; (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Server.getWorlds()[Lorg/bukkit/World;
    at com.reil.bukkit.rBorder.BorderPlugin.onEnable(BorderPlugin.java:86)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:410)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:175)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:74)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:55)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:171)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:158)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:110)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:209)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

Can we get an update please? I love this plugin :D

28. Offline

Reil

UPDATE: Quickfix for rBorders. Applies same border to everything. Will continue to look at YAML parsing to add support for multiple borders.

29. Offline

Maedrhos

I confirm it doesn't work anymore with build 300.
    Same error as two posts above.
    I like how simple and efficient is this plugin.
    Hope a fix will be released quickly.
    Thanks

30. Offline

KrisEike

I <3 this plugin! =)

Kris