read this please!!my friends cant join my craftbukkit server???

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by milangun11, Sep 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

milangun11

i made a server i can join it,but my friends cant? anyone know how i can fix it

2. Offline

soccerwiz998

is the server hosted off of your computer? i need more information.

3. Offline

AGC-Intra

milangun11
    Sounds like possible port issue.
    Port checking website like this one can help verify if your port is open.
    As long as you haven't changed the default port, enter your server IP at that site and port 25565.
    If it is not OPEN people will not be able to join.

More information would be helpful like soccerwiz998 said.

4. Offline

milangun11

okay thanks,i will take a look i will tell it if it doesnt work

how can i open my port cuz its closed? AGC-Intra

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  5. Offline

LordDarthBob

milangun11
    If you are home hosting, you have to go to your wireless router's configuration page.

6. Offline

milangun11

LordDarthBob i do,i but i only need to know how i can open my port because it is closed,do you know how i can open it??

just watch a few video's,but they dont help me,does anyone know how it works???

7. Offline

LordDarthBob

Like I said, to open the closed port, you must first access your router's configuration page. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, tell me now.

8. Offline

AGC-Intra

milangun11
    Go to your windows Search/Run bar, type: cmd (command prompt window appears)
    There type: ipconfig
    It will show some info, two pieces of it are important to you.
    You want the IPv4 address. (this is the IP your router assigns your computer)
    And you want the Default Gateway. (this is the IP to access your router)

Use the Default Gateway in your browser address bar to access your router config/setup.
    Make sure in your router that in the Port Forward section that port 25565 is open on your (IPv4) address.
    Apply/Save those changes and your port should now be open.

9. Offline

milangun11

if i typ my default gateaway in adress balk and i logged in but no were stands that,i got a linksys EA2700 if you need that info AGC-Intra

oh ehh,i just saw i got a ziggo router to,im using thAT ONE RIGHT KNOW,SO I JUST GO TO APPLICATIONS AND GAMING AND THEN?

here i did this and i just put my ip in but it still doesnt work?>

Attached Files:

10. Offline

JordyPwner

please use the edit button

11. Offline

milangun11

12. Offline

xDemonikz

Do you have TeamViewer? I'll do it for you.

Rather than the other members here, getting stressed.

13. Offline

LordDarthBob

xDemonikz
    Teamviewer's one fatal flaw is that 9/10 people on the internet find it creepy to have someone poking around on their desktops :p

JaguarJo likes this.
  14. Offline

milangun11

actually my question was if anyone knows how i can open my port :p

this is all i can show you,i dont know what im doing wrong?!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  15. Offline

LordDarthBob

milangun11
    I, and many others on this site, know how to open router ports. The problem is that every situation is different; the brand of router you use, the way your computer is set up, and many other factors can make it very difficult to tell someone what to do without going to their house themselves.

Like xDemonikz said, a program called Teamviewer, which allows a user to connect and use another person's computer as if they were sitting in front of it, is one option in this case; if you used it, someone could help you with your specific problem as if they were right there. Otherwise, there are not many options to accurately diagnose and fix it. The details you've provided at this point aren't enough.

16. Offline

milangun11

hmm,its a idea but i cant trust everyone,maybe i will do it but i dont know who it can do it for me

17. Offline

AGC-Intra

milangun11
    Lack of information and/or screenshots is never good.
    Since a simple solution seems to not be working for you I would suggest we Skype the issue.
    Please PM me your preferred contact method if you would like to troubleshoot this further with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.