Really Need Help with Bukkit Server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Olahhalo2012, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Olahhalo2012

I am using the Development Build (1.7.10) and I am using a iMac, and have a Asus RT-N66U Router. I have done everything according to tutorials and guides but my friends still can't connect (anyone on my Wi-Fi can connect). I made a working Bukkit Server (that people could connect to) last year but it was on a different mac (my current one is a desktop that one was a laptop). I need help as I don't know why no one can connect and I need to get it up as soon as possible, thanks.

2. Offline

AGC-Intra

Could be many things. Not familiar with iMac but if people can connect via wi-fi (on network) but not from outside (off network) I would check the port forwarding. If you are using default port of 25565 make sure your router and any other (firewall) security is allowing that port.

3. Offline

Emerdisk

4. Offline

Olahhalo2012

That's the thing though, i've followed all guides and even tried portmap and the portforwarding just wont work, my friends just can't connect. When I did it last year my friends could connect but that was on a laptop now im on a desktop(iMac)

5. Offline

Emerdisk

Could it be your ISP? What provider do you use?
    Or is it that your giving your friends the wrong IP? Type in IP chicken and give them that IP.
    Do you have a dynamic IP? Use no-ip so you can constantly update the IP and maintain the same name.
    For example: 111.111.111.111 is my IP but let's say it changed over night to 222.222.222.222
    I would have to tell my friends the new IP which is a hassle. Or you could use no-ip and just update the IP to your new one so your friends can connect to the same IP you set with no-ip.

If not, then I'm not sure D:

6. Offline

saiismad823

Do you have a static IP from your ISP? If not your public IP address will change every few hours. If your unsure contact your ISP and ask then. I am also unfamiliar with Macs but try temporarily disabling your firewall and see if players can connect then. If they can than obviously your firewall is not configured correctly. (Process of elimination).

7. Offline

Olahhalo2012

Well i know I have a static IP and the firewall on my Mac is disabled so i really have no clue to what is stopping it

8. Offline

saiismad823

What ISP do you use? Some don't have all ports open by default you might have to ask them to open port 25565 for you. (You'll need to give them the port number you want open, Your global IP and the servers IP address.

9. Offline

Olahhalo2012

I tried using the one IP-Chicken gave me but my friends still couldn't connect; is there anything that I could configure in the bukkit files to get it to work?

ok ill try that and get back to you, thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.