Regenerating Regions/Chunks, etc

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Aro2220.com, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Aro2220.com

Hi, I run a minecraft server that is up 24/7 and open to the public. It's free build and I promised never to delete the server on purpose.

The problem I am having is that the areas are getting pretty 'worn' out. Players have dug out most of the resources in some spots and in others the terrain just isn't very pretty yet it's really close to spawn.

I would LOVE a plugin that let me select a cuboid and then delete the area for minecraft to do it's magical regeneration.

At the very least, I would like to be able to pick chunks or regions (I was told chunks are 16x16, and I have no idea what regions are) to have them deleted and reformed.

Does anyone know if this can be done manually and how to do it? Is anyone capable of writing a plugin to do something like this?

2. Offline

Kevin

One idea is to use //restore with WorldEdit. I think I saw a plugin a while back too that added random blocks to an area, but the problem with it was that it sometimes broke houses and didn't care about user-placed blocks.