Remove block drops from area?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by danielh112, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

danielh112

Hi I have been trying to remove all block drops in a certain area (after game finishes); what I have currently got is this but I cannot get it to work. I am guessing it is something to do with b.getDrops().clear(); but I am not sure what exactly (do I need to check for entities in the area instead?)

Code:java
    1. for(int x = arena.arenaLoc1().getBlockX(); x <= arena.arenaLoc2().getBlockX(); x++) {
    2. for(int y = arena.arenaLoc1().getBlockY(); y <= arena.arenaLoc2().getBlockY(); y++) {
    3. for(int z = arena.arenaLoc1().getBlockZ(); z <= arena.arenaLoc2().getBlockZ(); z++) {
    4. Block b = Bukkit.getWorld("competition").getBlockAt(x, y, z);
    5. b.getDrops().clear();

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Offline

stink123456

what you can do is onBlockBreakEvent you could check if the block is in that area and if so set the block to air and cancel the event.

3. Offline

danielh112

I did consider this but Ideally they still need to be able to pick up the blocks. Thats why I was wondering if there is anyway to remove all of the dropped blocks. But thank you

4. Offline

stink123456

if(boolean){?

5. Offline

BlazingBroGamer

Or maybe...
    Code:
     player.getWorld().getEntities(); 

6. Offline

danielh112

Yeh the problem is I have multiple arenas in one world so that will remove all of these entities as well

7. Offline

BlazingBroGamer

danielh112
    Mabe you can make use of the WorldEdit API to get a selection or something... I am not too good with the WorldEdit API

8. Offline

Deleted user

Cancel BlockBreakEvent event, then set block as air.

9. Offline

danielh112

Thank you but if I do this how would I give the player the actual materials they would get I have tried getting the material and giving them that. But this does not work with stuff like Redstone ore (as it does not give them redstone).

10. Offline

Code0

So you don't want the block to drop the item, but the player to receive it?

11. Offline

danielh112

yes this seems the only way to do what I want

12. Offline

danielh112

*bump* (sorry)

13. Offline

Deleted user

Exceptions? Post your code.

14. Offline

danielh112

No there is no errors the problem I have got is I cannot give the player what they should actually get

The code I am using
    Code:java
    1. e.getBlock().setType(Material.AIR);
    2. e.setCancelled(true);
    3. e.getPlayer().getInventory().addItem(new ItemStack(e.getBlock().getType()));

As for example if they mine a block of coal they do not get coal ore, they get the actual ore (not what they are meant to get).

15. Offline

Deleted user

You must specify the items amount.

16. Offline

BillyGalbreath

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.