Filled Replace Blocks on Generation

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Conarnar, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Offline

Conarnar

Plugin category: World Generators

Suggested name: BlockReplace

What I want: When a world is generating, the plugin checks the config and replaces blocks with other blocks. The format of the config should be like this
    Code:
    worldname:
    - 'blocktoreplacematerial:data.blocktoreplacewithmaterial:data'
    # If data for blocktoreplacematerial is "*", then replace all blocks with that material ignoring the data

Ideas for commands: No commands are needed.

Ideas for permissions: No permissions are needed.

When I'd like it by: I don't care, take your time.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

Conarnar

timtower Well TerrainControl is extremely complex, but is there like a page on the plugin page that shows how to do something simple like replacing blocks on generation?

4. Offline

I don't know, but hacking into a generator and then replace blocks isn't the best way to go. ( if already possible )
    You can change it afterwards though with WorldEdit

5. Offline

Conarnar

timtower I'm not trying to build anything, I want to say like replace all the bedrock with stone in a world or something in a certain world when it is generated so the players could dig into the void.

6. Offline

Still, we can't just modify the generator for that, and you can still use worldedit to replace the bedrock

7. Offline

Conarnar

Well you were the one who suggested TerrainControl, so I assumed that there was a replace block function in that plugin.

8. Offline

It is a generator, it won't modify one

9. Offline

Conarnar

Can it replace blocks while another generator is generating?

10. Offline

Onlineids

maybe a plugin that executes a world edit command on enable? to replace all the blocks

11. Offline

Conarnar

I want the blocks to be replaced when the world is generated. Not every time the server starts or reloads.

timtower Thanks for suggesting TerrainControl. While searching through a lot of pages (ughhh), I finally found that it does block replacing on generation functions.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2016