[REQ] ColorKeys (text only color coded unlockable doors, for dungeons and such)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Musaddict, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Musaddict

Can someone make a plugin that allows players to obtain "virtual keys" (as in not an actual block, so we don't need a client side mod) to unlock color coded doors?

A possible way (and user friendly way) to color code a door would be placing a cloth block underneath with a coresponding color, and the player would "obtain" a key from an admin. Preferably using a permission node to give keys so that players can obtain keys while questing with NPC's.

Possible features:
    1. Color code doors with cloth underneath, detects a valid door when using /colorkey select.
    2. /colorkey select
      1. activated a "selection mode" where the player can right-click a door to select it, told "select a door to lock" or something like that
      2. if the door is above a cloth block it will say "selected" and you can use the /colorkey create command.
      3. if the door is not above a cloth block, you will receive an error message like "that door is not above a cloth block."
      4. doors can only be created inbetween 2 cloth blocks of the same color (optional)
      5. Iron doors that are color coded can be opened without redstone (may have some issues with the plugin Lockette)
    3. /colorkey create [location] (uses)-- the location defines the use of that color, so that you can use the same color multiple places, each with a different key. (example, a Red key for Spawn is different from a Red key for Dungeon)
      1. Successful transaction notified with "You have created a [color] door and key for [location]!"
      2. the "uses" slot can determine how many times a player can use that door until their "key" is consumed.
      3. Duplicate error message would be something like "A [color] door has already been created for [location]"
    4. /colorkey give [location] [color] (price) (item)
      1. Message for admin "You have sent the [color] key for [location] to [player]"
      2. Message for player "You have received the [color] key for [location]!"
      3. price is optional pending iConomy functionality (See #9)
      4. the "item" may be required in order to obtain a key. The object would simply be destroyed (this is optional, and has NPC questing in mind). If an object is required, but you dont want to require money, you can choose to enter 0 for money.
    5. /colorkey me
      1. lists all keys you have (and tells the admin he's the keymaker or something)
    6. /colorkey list
      1. lists all locations (admin cmd)
    7. /colorkey list [location]
      1. lists all keys for that location (admin cmd)
      2. this command can be skipped if you choose to include all the keys in the "/colorkey list all" command
    8. /colorkey [player]
      1. lists all keys that player has (admin cmd)
    9. If at all possible, you can include some sort of C.O.D using iConomy functionality for when an admin sends a key.
    10. Doors close automatically after 5 seconds, however in a configuration file you can choose to disable this functionality so that you can still use the Intellidoors plugin.
    11. Edit: Any key that has a set amount of uses before consumed will display a confirmation message like "This key has [uses] uses left until you may no longer use it", or something like that.
    It's a tall order, but can anyone fill it? It doesn't need to be COMPLETELY as in depth as this, but I hope someone can do all of this with at least some updating. Any takers?

2. Offline

Sleaker

This is a pretty cool idea. I don't think I have the time to do something like this atm, but definetely a cool idea.

I think it would be a lot simpler on the user if the door opening/closing happened through a door + pressure plate. that way it could all be automated once the player moves close to the door.

3. Cool idea, I'm of the same disposition of Sleaker above but I think this could be possible with Spout :)

4. Offline

Musaddict

Bump, thought I'd let other people take a look at this since I uploaded it this late last night. Any other possible takers?

So, I've decided that this will be my one plugin I will spend my loads of spare time creating lol. I will need a lot of help, as this is my first planned released plugin. I have a basic knowledge of java, enough to get a slow start :p. If any of you are willing to help me code this, I would be very appreciative. I will post stuff on the WIP and plugin dev forums for help.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016