[REQ] Competition Quest Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Shanev, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Shanev

Hi folks,

I'm using uQuest on my server and I've read about a plugin called "Monster Hunt" or similar.

Quest_Contest:

What came to my mind is a plugin which mixes those two plugins and creates a random quest (maybe the uQuest system could be implemented?*) for the whole server every 10-30mins.

After this quest has been started by the server everyone is able to participate by, lets say, entering /conpart.

Every 5 mins a message will notify the players how much time is left to complete the competition. Important for new players who join the server.
    3a.
    Additionally it would be nice to show the competition progress of all players ;)
    (e.g.
    Player1: dirt punched: 546/5000
    Player2: dirt punched: 20/5000
    Player3: dirt punched: 1/5000)

Whoever finishes this quest can enter /confin. He, and only he, gets a money reward (iConomy).
    4a.
    Alternatively (in my eyes more encouraging for the participants) the player who wins the competition receives the price-money and all other players loose this amount of price-money from their accounts (or 50%)

When noone participates the competition (quest) will simply be "overwritten" by the next one.

If only one player participates the quest reward will be much lower (maybe about 25%)

What Plugins should be implemeted?
    1. iConomy
    2. uQuest (for its quest database?)*
    3. Permissions

Important suggestions for the config file:
    1. Price-money adjustment
    2. Adjustment of the timespan a new quest starts
    3. Adjustment for modifying timespan between notifications for new players who join the server when a quest is running. (e.g. every 5 mins a message will appear that says "10 mins left to finish the competition")

Suggested Commands:
    /conpart = participate in a contest
    /confin = finish a contest and win the price
    /coninfo = shows the active conquest, time left and participants
    /constats = Shows the win/loss ratio of all Players
    /contest = maybe a general commant to activate/deactivate the contest plugin

I'm could never do such a plugin, but I know that some of you guys can! ;) I'd love to see such a plugin on my server and I quess it would be a funny way to enhance player interaction! Those are only my first thoughts on the plugin, I think you have so much more suggestions to make a great plugin out of those ideas!

* In my eyes a seperate quest-database should be created, which can also store "contest-quests" which are not suited for singleplayer (uQuest quests), like a PVP or RACE (reaching a specific point on the map) event.

2. Offline

Clonkoso

a plugin like this would be great!

3. Offline

Nitnelave

that would be awesome!