[REQ] Fire Stomper [FORMATTED]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by x0pk1n, Apr 11, 2012.

?

Do you think this is a good Idea?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Could be.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Offline

x0pk1n

Plugin category: Anti-grief and Admin

Suggested name: Fire Stomper

A bit about me: I run a small server using bukkit, I ran into this promble with in the first hour of it being online. All plugins I have tried do not work or they do not have the funtions I want. So im hoping you can help!

What I want: I'm having a promble with people using lava and flint and steel on my server. The logging plugin i use does not do a good job of logging where the fire started or where the lava was placed. I have sent in a request but i do not think they will listin to me.

Im looking for a plugin which allows the use of fire and lava, but it messages admins online and keeps a readable log. I want it to give the cordinates of where it was placed, and who placed it and at what time. I am using 'Safe Creeper' to stop it spreading, but i want people to be able to place it!

Possible- It would be nice in the plugin to have a teleport funtion to the last few logs.

Ideas for commands:
    /fs tp last - Goes to the last event logged.
    /fs tp [x] [y] [z]- lets you teleport anywhere.
    /fs log - Shows you the logs using chat.
    /fs [Player] logs - Shows all logs that contains that persons name.

Ideas for permissions: Compactable with Bpermissions.

When I'd like it by: Prefferably this week.

Similar plugin requests: Fire starter etc.

Devs who might be interested in this: @TnT @ChrizC @codename_B

Ps I don't care if you make it public to everyone if anyone takes it on.

BUMP!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  2. Offline

Darq

WorldGuard has this functionality, you could give that try if you want. You could also use it to replace Safe Creeper.

3. Offline

x0pk1n

Im afraid i would like this plugin to be bulit.

4. Offline

Tocksman

You can use WorldGuard to prevent fire starting and lava placing. What plugin do you use for logging?

5. Offline

filbert66

I've been working on adding fire controls to AntiCreeper. Or making it a separate plugin. Like the log and TP ideas. I was just going to log location and player to server.log and/or console. Once I get nerfing fire damage to entities to work, I could also work on your commands.

6. Offline

Darq

The blacklist functionality of WorldGuard.

7. Offline

x0pk1n

Again i don't want to remove it, i just want a log as "Swatchdog" doesnt log fire/lava well. I will be looking at anti-creep waiting for the update :)

8. Offline

Harry8550

Instead of logging the fire and lava, why not just prevent it with worldgaurd? :S

9. Offline

Tocksman

Have you considered using LogBlock or HawkEye instead?

10. Offline

filbert66

Ready to work on your commands. I think I'll publish this as a new plugin, perhaps an early version without commands first. Here's what I was thinking: the TP commands only work if the event is within some timeframe (configurable?), is after the last server/plugin restart, and replace the 'anywhere' option with 'last -#" to some event before the last. Log query only recalls also since last server restart.

11. Offline

filbert66

@x0pk1n, I have a preliminary version, without commands, ready. I have put it here, and am in process of putting it on dev.bukkit.org. Would appreciate further suggestions.

OK! Have AntiFire approved on dev.bukkit.org. Go here: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/antifire/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  12. Offline

x0pk1n