[REQ] Flarf - A minigame [Code Started]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by turt2live, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

turt2live

Flarf is a plugin that fits into that small category known as fun.

What the plugin aims to do is as follows:
    • An arena is present where you can have 2 possible modes, "Team Deathmatch" and "Free for all". Suggested slots are 5 players per team (Team Deathmatch) and a maximum of 4 participants (FFA).
    • The game stores everything and has all sorts of fail safes in place to control the game (explained later). This is where the fishing rods are introduced.
    • So now you have an arena and a fishing rod, well there is more: A pool.
    • "OK WTF!?" <-- Likely your reaction
    • Animals spawn in the pool and you have to use your fishing rod and pull them to your 'scoring area' (wool in the fool with a fence)
    • Depending on the animals spawned (configurable) and the points per animal (configurable), someone wins a prize (configurable, possible integration with a 'builder' rank for a championship setup)
    The plugin would need to have automation (can't really have an admin on all the time slamming /flarf start every 5 minutes) as well it would need to support a 'default' arena as well as 'custom' arenas (basically have one packed into the plugin when it's compiled and then the option to have more)
    What about those failsafes (my fancy name for bonus features)?
    • Inventories must be saved before the game and restored afterwards (cheating otherwise)
    • Audience members cannot play (restrict movement or something)
    • Players cannot fall in
    • Spawning of animals is not allowed (in case an admin wants to play)
    • Arenas must be able to have a 'paused' state so you can restart a server and restore a game afterwards
    • Logging (configurable)
    • For sheep: Different colors CAN mean different points
    • Backup and restore (for arena states, and for fun?)
    Permissions are straightforward: One for each command and a few extras. (Kinda explained later)
    Commands? Well, I'll get to that
    This plugin has been attempted by 2 authors (including myself) and the guy who originally wanted it is losing hope because this thing is difficult to create. You can see his 2 requests here and here.
    The 2 author's github repos are here and here. Please note that the first one (my repo) is NOT a standalone plugin and it requires use of this plugin (GitHub).
    You can see my ideas for commands and permissions in the plugin.yml found here.
    If you have questions, concerns, and/or comments, please let me or Sayshal know either in the comments or through PM.
    I appreciate anyone who can take this over and finish it, I can assure you it would be much more appreciated by Sayshal as he's been wanting this thing for months (and I'm a failure when it comes to timelines).
    -- Turt2Live

2. Offline

turt2live

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.