[REQ] Hockey Game & Skating Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by GrandRiver, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Offline

GrandRiver

I'm sure there may be plenty of people out there who would enjoy a plugin like this (especially us Canadians! :D ).

This request is for a plugin that will allow players to play Hockey in defined arenas and skate on ice anywhere. A plugin that used to allow some (very) basic Hockey was Binary Skates, but it is no longer being maintained and was not at all configurable (in terms of defining games and arenas).

Our server, The Watershed (shameless plug!), has a wonderful Hockey Arena we used to use with Binary Skates, but right now it's just eye candy :( See link...

http://mc-thewatershed.net/images/WatershedHockeyArena.png

Seeing if the source is available for Binary Skates would be a good start, it included some good ice-skating mechanics and the ability to shoot an item with a stick and retrieve it when necessary.

Suggestions for configuration...

- Ability to define multiple arenas (preferably with support for the WorldEdit wand).
    - Play surface must be ice (arena regions would be a cuboid areas, but ice surface might not conform exactly to that region (rounded corners etc.)
    - Ability to define nets/goals within each arena
    - Ability to define a penalty box
    - Ability to start and finish games, keep track of score etc. etc.
    - Ability to define teams and player positions
    - Gameplay rules for NHL style hockey games
    - Possible statistics tracking
    - Configurable ice skates (default chain boots)
    - Configurable hockey stick (default stick)
    - Configurable hockey puck (default slime ball)
    - Configuration option to limit Ice Skating to only ice in defined arenas, or to allow it on any ice in the world.
    - Permissions support of course!

MisterErwin likes this.
  2. Offline

MisterErwin

At the moment I'm making an block-soccer plugin. You run on an item and shot it :)

But I'm also testing to make a golf plugin - But open world --> no goals.
    But I think I'm trieing one ... But nice arena. I would like to [tnt]:rolleyes:

Ok, At time you can play openWorld and without rules/teams/goals.

But you can join/leave/start/stop the game and kick an other player.

The rest 'll come

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  3. Offline

MisterErwin

For what do you need a penalty box?

And what statistics should be tracked?

4. Offline

GrandRiver

A penalty box would be useful for fighting during the game, Binary Skates had the ability to fight. If there won't be any fighting then a penalty box might not be necessary.

Statistics that might be tracked include how many games played on each defined arena, which team won each game, what the final score for each game was etc.

5. Offline

MisterErwin

Ok, maybe I'll add the penaltybox later.

6. Offline

Rebel PvP

for stats maybe add how many goals each person got? how many fights? assists (if u can figure out a way) and team records. Also can i download that map GrandRiver?

7. Offline

GrandRiver

The arena is built near the spawn area on our server, and well our world map is 20,000 x 20,000 blocks at the moment :p

8. Offline

MisterErwin

Maybe you can send him the world via Skype. :D Or you can send him the shematic.

9. Offline

MisterErwin

At the time, the plugin is half-finished. But the holidays are near, so I can't work on it for ca. 6 Weeks. But you can download the source here: CLICK I'll add maybe today or in 6 months a team feature and go on with the goal-scanner.

10. Offline

SulerkCraft

I keep picking up the puck evey time i try to skate close to it, please man

11. Offline

MisterErwin

Sry, but at the time I have problems with my PC and was very busy with school...

But the reason is, the UniqueID from the puck is not saved...

But I'll work on it as sone as I find time...

izak12345678910 likes this.
  12. Offline

MisterErwin

Next Problem: I worked a little on it, but hm... If anyone wishes, The source should be above.

Maybe I'll try it, if I have a new PC...

13. Offline

MisterErwin

OK: maked the new Version.

Blocked Puck Pickup and maked it openworld (No arenes)

14. Offline

GrandRiver

Just throwing this out there again, trying to renew the idea for a 'Basic' Hockey plugin. Defining goals, allowing skating in a defined arena on ice, using a stick and puck, basic rules and score-keeping with permissions.

15. Offline

MisterErwin

Yes... I've continued the plugin a little bit, but yeah....

I think I'll code the rest soon...