[REQ] Invisible nicks

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by pronyacat, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Offline

pronyacat

What I want: When I look at the players I do not see their names. But when I look at him I see his
    nickname.
    Example: A player stands behind the wall, I do not see his nickname. A player in front of me I see his nickname.
    Why I want this: For my server. That we could stand still ordinary players around someone else's house. When the killers do their work (standing on the roof of a house or a tree), they quietly knew that the victim did not know what he is going to kill the other player. :cool:
    Names for plugin: Any way you want :)
    Permissions: invisible.nick When i don't look at him.
    visible.nick When i look at him.
    May be needed spout.
    Link to Spout project: http://forums.spout.org/threads/req-invisible-nicks.5581/

Good idea?:confused:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

seiterseiter1

Do you mean the name above your head?

3. Offline

pronyacat

Yes, but if i look at player. If i don't look at him(stand above wall) i dont see him name.

4. Offline

xYn

5. Offline

Hoolean

6. Offline

IdealIdeas

Spout only.
    Otherwise that may be possible when 1.4 comes out with invisibility potions as then coders have more properties to play with.

7. Offline

Hoolean

Not at all. Players could just be hidding if they are not in a another players line of sught, although it would be laggy.

Also, I have not experimented with this but what happens if a tool like TagAPI sets a Player's nametag to ""?

8. Offline

IdealIdeas

If it was set to "" im sure the bar would still be there but very small. Instead of being like [IdealIdeas] it would be [], if it was " " then it would be [ ]
    So we have
    [IdealIdeas]
    [ ]
    []

As for behind walls, you can crouch and you name will go invisible.

9. Offline

Hoolean

Yes but I think they want the nametag completely gone; I'm not sure, the OP is rather confuddling :/

I guess you could do the name tag behind walls thing with hiding the player when they are not in the others line of sight.

10. Offline

hawkfalcon

mbaxter

Isn't this impossible?
    Edit: take a look at tagapi, apparently:

11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

I implemented an attempt at this in dev builds of VanishNoPacket. It would require a ridiculous amount of expensive raytracing to implement properly. Also I'm still not convinced you can properly hide a nickname display.

MrBluebear3 likes this.