[REQ] MCMoney. MCBans of currency!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Jaxkr, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Offline

Jaxkr

MCBans is to bans.
    MCMoney is to in-game currency.
    I have wanted to make this for a while, but have lacked the programming skills. So, I was hoping someone else could create it! Here's how it would work:
    Go to MCMoney.com. Register, install the plugin. Go through a verification process similar to MCBans.
    You name your currency and it gets a global value of '1'. Currency can be magically created by the server, but it will bring down your global value.
    Let's look at some examples.
    Let's say your currency is called"Silvers". Up to 500,000 silvers can be in exsistance before it begins to hurt the global value. So, your server gives 50 sives to each new member. Each is globally worth 1. So if you go to another server with a global value of 1, you will have 50 othercurrency.
    Now, let's say an asshole Admin gives himself 1000,000 silvers. This in theory would bring the global value of the silver down to .5. So, MCMoney makes each server like it's own country with it's own denomination, but money can be exchanged between servers.

P.S. If you got 50 anothercurrency on a server with a global value of 2(they paid REAL money to MCMoney to get that) and went on a server with a global value of 1, they would have 100 currency on that other server. Exchange rates!

2. Offline

se1by

Interesting idea...
    But perhaps it would cause lags because you have to check the balance on a server every time you purchase something.

3. Offline

codename_B

Technically no, you could just do a "sync" in a thread via json.

I like this.

Request - accepted.

Other devs, we should get together and make this awesome.

My idea: rather than a "globally" defined max-money there's a hard max-money limit and a soft-limit based on the total # of players the server has had on it.

MCMoney draft:

Player has access to their currencies from any server with MCMoney installed.
    Each server can have up to 500k currency total before money starts being devalued.
    Each server also has a soft-limit of 0.1k per player (so a server with only 100 total players would have a 10k limit).
    This soft limit is increased by 0.1k for every week your server is registered with MCMoney until the limit is 1k per player.

Servers can purchase extra currency, and players can also purchase special "global" currency with an exchange rate of 1.0 with the global (fixed) rate which all the others are based off.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
    iPhysX likes this.
  4. Offline

se1by

Good to hear :)

Would be glad to help, I thought a lot about this during this evening.
    I know how to do this plugin, but got now idea how to control it so it cannot be manipulated.
    The jar could be decompiled, parameters could be changed to give someone more money than expected.
    That's why I didn't accepted this request before.

5. Offline

Meapa

I like this idea a bit...

I'm Vlad that your working on it B!

E: Dammit you posted before me

6. Offline

Aronnn

I really like the idea of this plugin and would love to help with the website-side of the plugin. So if there is any need, I am a very experienced PHP coder so would easily help with this.

7. The only problem I can think of with this is that admins could spawn stuff in and sell it and then go onto another server with the Plugin and use the money.

8. Offline

Aronnn

That's why strict limits might be a good idea and it should be montitored, so one player does not spawn on different servers and then join another to play. It should be possible if it is managed well..

9. Offline

Jaxkr

Well, if someone spawns on one server, the value of that server's currency goes down... So the money is worth less on other servers. Just like the US printing more money does not solve our debt issues.

Thank you so much codename_B and se1by!
    If there is anything I can do, even though I am a terrible developer, don't hesitate to ask.
    EDIT: Also, Aronnn

Brilliant.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Aronnn

Well there will need to be a restriction on how many servers you can make since players will make lots of servers and make money for their own.

As for the plugin, if anybody start developing it I would be happy to help with minor coding and could always start working on a website.

11. Offline

se1by

I think we should use a mysql db with a little server program @ the mcmoney server.
    And to prevent money cheating, we could add something to detect if somebody got to much money to fast,shouldn't be to hard.

12. Offline

Tauryuu

Hmm. How would currency be valued without a global shop for each item? Each server sells items with different prices, and each server has it's own unique way of setting up item worth and prices. (For example, a server can add functionalities of an item (for example, clay), but another server might not have the same plugin.)

13. Offline

boardinggamer

I made a plugin called McMoney already

14. Offline

se1by

But not with global money?

15. Offline

Jakh33

If the project needs another developer I'll be happy to help anyway I can.

16. Offline

Aronnn

I've not heard anybody starting on this. If you want to make the start, I would be happy to help.

17. Offline

se1by

I already started and codename_B accepted the request.

18. Offline

ThatBox

I would like to work with you or codename_B on this :) If you would allow me to.

19. Offline

codename_B

Sure :D

I'm still planning this one anyway, so gonna need a php/css whiz

ThatBox likes this.
  20. Offline

Aronnn

I could always help with the PHP side so drop me a message if you will need one.

21. Offline

iPhysX

codename_B I can help if you need someone extraaaa!

22. Offline

ThatBox

Got a repo up yet ? :p

23. Offline

LinkterSHD

Use Iconomy 6

24. Personally I cant see this working out due to nothing would be stopping someone from giving themselfs credits via api calls etc.

25. Offline

MetalMadness

This is good, but every server is different. One can sell gold for 5$, and one for 500$. Also, nothing stops someone from making a server, and giving themselves money. Or even have someone spawn items for you on a server.

great idea, but has some flaws.

26. Offline

iPhysX

it would involve some serious databasing or something. Since you could probably store all the spawned items in a file and let the server know if the item was spawned when they sell it etc.

27. Offline

Hampi90

Thinks this sounds like a pretty good idea! Would be nice to see how development on this plugin progress. I would definitly be interested to try this one out on my own server! :)

28. Offline

JamesS237

Woah, That sounds epic, Is its development still underway, because I could help! Good Idea, Jaxkr !

But The Last Update Was In Feb???

29. Offline

boardinggamer

that post was in Feb. I kinda stopped production with my plugins. I have been gaming more now that I got my gaming PC running so I never have time. But I am slowly working on a plugin for InTime

30. Offline

peterarenot911

And there is an issue with stuff like world edit or creative mode. Its just not really practical to have something like this on many servers. Maybe a system where players can "exchange" their money based on the preference of the admin