[REQ]MultiInv Regions

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by cheepz, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Offline

cheepz

Hello!

Here is my submission for a plugin.

MultiInv Regions. What this basically does, is create a cuboid using an item (same principles as world edit).

Now let me try to explain a diagram.

You have...
    Space = O
    and
    Cuboid Area= 3

OOOOOOOOOO
    OOOO333OOOO
    OOOOOOOOOO

1. A player from space has a diamond sword, and a bow.
    2. As he walks into the cuboid area, he loses the diamond sword and bow.
    3. He is given "3 pumpkins" within the cuboid.
    4. As he walks out, he will lose the 3 pumpkins and acquire the diamond sword, and the bow.

Also, this is how I would imagine this would be done.

Using the cuboid marker, I select the two cornors of the cuboid.
    Using a command, say... /cuboid test. The cuboid's name is now test.
    (Perhaps this would make txt file or folder with the name "test" holding all the saves of the items for each individual player)

If I needed to get rid of this cuboid, I would do... /cuboid delete test.
    This would delete the all the items given to the players within the cuboid and restore the original items the players had.

I'm sure a plugin like this would handle sqlite or h2. So... any db, if any, is not a problem to me.

This plugin would have to be defaulted to OPS ONLY.
    I can't have players running around making useless cuboids for no reason.

Implications of this?

RP Events, we can limit what is given to players, and merely delete the cuboid when the event is done, if we had early leavers, they could just leave without managing the items given to them.

Building events, if we give players 100 iron blocks, 100 gold blocks, (You get my point), to create something, we wouldn't want our players to bring those items to the "outside" world.

PvP events, this limits players bringing food, or other equipment that were given to them during the PvP event.

I hope this post was detailed enough, if you have any questions please reply with a post!

Is this even possible?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. Offline

Sabinno

This is entirely possible.
    I support this plugin request!!!
    If you think about it, this would be how the plugin works.
    1. Players enter selected cuboid
    2. Current inventory is saved in an external file, then the in-game inventory is removed
    3. The inventory is replaced with the specified inventory kit assigned to each cuboid (also stored in an ext. file)
    4. When the player leaves the region, the cuboid's inventory is stored, removed, and the previous inventory is given back.
    NOTE: After step four, re-entering the cuboid region will give the inventory for that region, NOT the default kit.
    EXAMPLE: Joe gets a kit of 64 smooth stone. He then uses half that, leaves the cuboid, and comes back. He has 32 smooth stone even when re-entering the region.
    -Sabinno-

3. Offline

cheepz

I really hope a plugin developer decides to try to make this plugin. I can't tell you how many problems it would fix on my server. and perhaps other ones as well!

4. Offline

VenomXShadow

This seems like a very good idea, it would help out on my server a lot. I support this idea. I cant tell you how much this would help me. Great idea!

5. Offline

cheepz

Thanks! I hope someone ends up developing this plugin. >.<

6. I'd like to point out the problems with this idea (which I hope someone knows how to fix...) I would happily make this if someone can counter this major flaw that I'm about to describe.

You ready? ... Throwing items into the new area... As far as I can tell you can't determine where someone drops an item (could be wrong) so you can't see if the item was thrown in or not... I'll ask on the dev IRC though...

Edit: Turns out you can do this. If nobody else claims it (or finds another version that works) I'll start working on it as soon as I finish on my MultiInv update (and any bugs my update then creates)

7. Offline

cheepz

What about disabling the ability for a player to drop items within the cuboid, and also a bit from the perimeter of the cuboid?

This could be toggleable until you find a fix.

The toggle idea, doesn't have to be implemented. Just throwing out suggestions here.

EDIT~
    Actually, being able to set whether you can drop or can't drop items within the cuboid would be excellent.

8. Offline

CptSausage

Hey there. I just began writing a plugin like this, but only for our 3 man private server.

I don't have more than two areas yet. To be honest, it's more one single zone, and if you are in it, or not.
    Maybe I can upload it tomorrow or this weekend as a temporary solution until someone with more skills picks this up (Pluckerpluck?).

But to be warned, since we are only 3 ppl., I didn't take care about the performance and such safety things like the "throwing-over-boarder" stuff.

9. Offline

cheepz

I"m sure you could give it to pluckerpluck, I'm assuming it would help with the coding.

10. Offline

cheepz

cpt, if you could upload it, I'll be happy to download it and give it a try.

11. Offline

axefan

I'm writing a plugin now that does this plus several other advanced region control features such as saving and restoring content. I hope to have it ready within a month.