[REQ] Nanosuit.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by vekiorus, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Offline

vekiorus

Hi!
    Just wanted to do a quick request, which would imo be awesome -
    I got cookbook custom recipes for crafting chainmail, but it is pretty useless at the moment since it is =/= with the golden armor.
    I was wondering, is it possible to add a nanosuit plugin which would check for chainmail leggings, chestplate and boots equipped (+ pumpkin on head, because i got an awesome crysis pumpkinblur( or make a config file to choose which equipments on which places to use a nanosuit)).
    Nanosuit capabilities would be controlled by commands, e.g. /armor, to be invincible until power of the nanosuit wears out, /cloak to become invisible ( although i'm prtetty sure this can't be done since it would require a client side mod? but I maybe wrong, i do not know bukkit capabilities without using client mods since i'm more into c++), /strenght which would give a damage multiplier on hit of a player/animal and finally /speed which would speed up the player's movement (still, not sure if this last one requires a client mod.). The energy remaining in the nanosuit could be disaplayed in chat by a form like [NANOSUIT] POWER: xx%.
    Anyways, i might take a try at java coding someday but i'm more into my studies atm.
    Thanks to anyone wonderful enough to make this <3

Pancakewarri0r likes this.
  2. Offline

Dreadreaver

invisible should be possible, there were several mods that could do that in the hMod days .. speed should be possible using the new velocity method of bukkit

3. Offline

Tajnymag

I want this too.

4. Offline

-_Husky_-

Invisibility, is also easy, bukkit have just added a new method for that.

5. Offline

zathrus

could you elaborate? which method is that? I know of one that was there before, able to make player invisible to other player... but nothing global

otherwise, I'd love to get my hands on this, since it really adds up to the game :)

6. Offline

SirTyler

Vanish API built into bukkit.

Code:java
    1. Player invis = //Insert here
    2. for(Player p : Bukkit.getServer().getOnlinePlayers()) {
    3. p.hidePlayer(invis);
    4. }

JavaDoc link

7. Offline

zathrus

any more info guys, please? I can't seem to find any "vanish*" functions in the API docs at the moment, so I'm not sure if it's still a DEV thingy or someting?

8. Offline

SirTyler

Above should suffice.

zathrus likes this.
  9. Offline

zathrus

I see, so it's the thing I saw there before, just used to hide player from everyone on the server... thank you SirTyler!

10. Offline

Tajnymag

Everyone here talks only about invisibility, but what other things such super jump and strength.

11. Offline

zathrus

superjump should be possible and for superstrength - I would use either potions or enchanting if there's no other way, but it definitelly is doable

12. Offline

SirTyler

• Super-jump - Velocity will most likely work.
    • Super-strength - EntityDamageEntity Event, check if attacker is a player with super strength on and multiply their damage.
    • Invisability - Already discussed
    • Invincibility - EntityDamageEntity Event, cancel damage
    • Super-speed - Velocity will most likely work

13. Offline

Tajnymag

So, can anyone create it?

14. Offline

SirTyler

I'm busy and can't take this on, but what I had said would be the basic outline on how to do it.

15. Offline

zathrus

I'll be creating this the next week probably, hold tight ;-)

16. Offline

Tajnymag

Thanks a lot. :)

17. Offline

Tajnymag

Can you post here a download link please?

I'll make a youtube video for it.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  18. Offline

zathrus

sorry for the delay guys, been busy fulfilling feature requests of my CommandsEX users... they're all complete now, so NanoSuit is the next thing to do ;)

19. Offline

Tajnymag

20. Offline

Tajnymag

How is it going? B-)

21. Offline

zathrus

it's going well, the only thing I'm lacking in a sane amount is time, so I code one tiny part after another... I'm really planning to get there soon, as I'm already advertising the functionality on my own server, too... stay tuned :)

22. Offline

zathrus

finally... it's ready! sorry for the long delay, I was really up to my neck at work, couldn't do it sooner...

anyways, go ahead to CommandsEX Builder Page and tick the NanoSuit checkbox, then hit download button and off you go!

EDIT: more info about permissions, commands and how it all works can be found in the Wiki

23. Offline

izak12345678910

Hey, i was looking at it and all the commands /cex_speed /cex_cloak /cex_jump ect. all make the player invincible. Can you fix this? Thanks!

24. Offline

zathrus

I have just double-checked and it works as intended for me... are you sure you did not do /cex_armor and then /cex_cloak and the others? they are all toggle commands, so as long as you do /armor (or /cex_armor), you stay invincible until you do that command again or until NanoSuit timeout is over

ok, I've discovered a bug in the Builder Page, please hold on for several more hours before downloading this, since custom-built CommandsEX with NanoSuit won't paradoxly have the NanoSuit feature active :p

the bug should be fixed now... download away :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  25. Offline

Tajnymag

WOW thanks a lot!!Good job!;)

Edit:No, it doesn't work. :-( When I type /cex_something it doesn't say anything and doesn't do anything. :-(

zathrus likes this.
  26. Offline

Deleted user

Holy sh*t! That 'plugin maker' page is very very impressive! It pretty much has any and everything! I'm about to say f*ck essentials and command book and pick up your plugin!

zathrus likes this.
  27. Offline

kezz101

Do it :)

28. Offline

Tajnymag

Edit:No, it doesn't work. :-( When I type /cex_something it doesn't say anything and doesn't do anything. :-(

29. Offline

zathrus

/cex_something? that command does not exist in CommandsEX... what exactly did you choose on the Builder Page to download, so I can try and replicate? also, I've got permission explanation mismatched on the Wiki page - you need to add cex.nanosuit to each player you want be able to use this functionality, since it's disabled by default (even to OPs)

also, in console - do you see any errors or warnings generated by CommandsEX at all that could help here?

also, please make sure you have your configuration set up correctly - maybe you've accidentally left pumpkin head instead of chainmail armor helmet active in the config?

you need to equip full chainmail armor (or pumpkin head instead of the helmet if set up in config), then close your inventory and a message should appear, saying NanoSuit powers have been activated (if you have sufficient permissions)

30. Offline

izak12345678910

You should CommandsEx is amazing! I switched essentials for it it has everything essentials does and more!
    zathrus I think he meant he tried using like /cex_cloak and it doesn't say anything and nothing happened to him like he got no added affects.