[REQ] /playtime

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by 19jojo93, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Offline

19jojo93

EDIT: This plugin was kindly made by @NuclearW who did an outstanding job! Check it out here!

Hi! :)

I'm looking for a kind of plugin that gives one command - /playtime.
    This command would return "You have played for X seconds"

And another possibility, would be - /playtime [username]
    This command would return "username has played for X seconds"

I've been looking for this kind of plugin on my server for months!
    I've always wanted to be able to quickly check a users playtime ingame, and since stats and achievements is outdated I can't use that, and MCStats doesn't work on my server.

And besides, its kind of only the playtime thing I'm after!
    On hMod we used Stats and Achievements to auto promote people to VIP after 50,000 seconds playtime, and people are still going by this rule and I have to promote them when I can guess they have played long enough for it.

Thanks! ^^
    Jojo

2. Offline

dbizzzle

I am trying this now, I will probably make time played go by (days, hours, minutes) rather than seconds

3. Offline

ashour

i think thins would need a mysql? to store the data. this seem's kinda hard but for a skileld dev nothing ;0

4. Offline

19jojo93

Days hours and minutes would be nicer :)

I just assumed seconds only would be easier to make, since this is how it was recorded in the Stats plugin!

Anyway, thanks for trying! Even if you can't succeed, appreciate it :)

5. I love this idea, I'll take this up if no-one else is :)

6. Offline

dbizzzle

I'm working on it, it may take me a few days though because I'm new to coding and it takes me a while to figure stuff out.

7. I might beat you to it, but go ahead and do it. There's no better way to learn than making plugins (In this case) :D

8. Offline

19jojo93

Haha :) The competition is on!

I'm also starting to learn java, using the new boston tutorials, but I'm at the VERY basics right now so it's gonna be a long time before I can make a working plugin of my own!

But everyone starts somewhere, right ;)

9. Yeah, check out my tutorial when your done :)

10. Offline

19jojo93

I actually have your tutorial wiki page bookmarked! Along with a helpful short series of bukkit plugin tutorials on youtube :]

Adamki11s likes this.
  11. Offline

Kohle

@dbizzzle Wow your getting busy being a dev :p Hopefully you get the dev title soon, and GetPwnt is brought over to the official plugin list :p

!!! This thread inspired me to add a feature like this to a plugin I'm working on. Sweeeeeeet. :D

12. Offline

MetalMadness

13. Offline

19jojo93

14. Offline

19jojo93

Hi!

Has anybody managed to make any progress with this plugin? :)

15. Offline

NuclearW

I'll give it a go, seems simple enough.

16. Offline

Crash

I made this real quick tell me about any bugs

Attached Files:

17. Offline

NuclearW