[REQ] Redeemable Item Gift Codes [Through Paypal/Amazon Not iconomy]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by theiking, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Offline

theiking

Hello, I know there may be no chance of a developer wanting to take on this project but I would just like to put this request out there. Lately my members have been asking me for a better system on getting blocks for major personal projects without them having to spend days mining, they put together this idea for a system of a type of online store, but for in game minecraft items. Basically how it would work is they visit a website in my case www.iKingsSGC.com [Wordpress],) view different item pack options buy the item pack through paypal or amazon payments, they get an email or a private message in game with a random one time use code. They would enter the code and get their items in their inventory instantly. I dont know if this is even possible but it would be amazing if it could be done.
    Please leave a comment if you could build this plugin or please comment if this idea cannot be accomplished the way it is envisioned.

Thank You

-TheiKing
    Head Admin iKings Stargate Coalition of Servers
    Minecraft Department
    Source Department
    (Coming soon terraria department)
    [email protected]
    www.iKingsSGC.com
    www.Forums.iKingsSGC.com

cjbh1996 likes this.
  2. Offline

gameswereus

3. Offline

theiking

That isnt the system I suggested. That is purely for in game economies. My system is for people who want items, and have the money in real life and they buy the codes for like 50 cents for 30 blocks. This helps the server fund itself on something less than major donations directly from the servers website/forums.

4. Offline

Tauryuu

You could give codes you've set up in CouponCodes to people who bought your game packages, and you can tell them to redeem it in-game.

I highly doubt someone would code a plugin that helps others obtain money without getting paid for it. Good luck!

5. Offline

theiking

Yes except I have absolutely no idea how to do this.

6. Offline

XLighterShadowX

or instead of money-blocks you can so money-iconomy money :p

7. Offline

theiking

Except I have nothing but disdain for the iConomy plugin (not because its a bad plugin I really like it alot but most of my players....."lack the ability" or are too lazy to learn the system.) Also for the fact that the paypal/amazon to items is required due to the fact that my Hogwarts RP Experience requires regeants blocks and admins hand them out once a week during class. This is for the people who want more or are too impatient to wait another week. They can just goto the site and pay a quarter for 30 piston extenders (our regeant block)

8. Offline

XLighterShadowX

fair enough. all i did to get people to use iconomy more was put bedrock in the shop (v. expensive) and loads of awesome minigames with iconomy rewards :p

9. Offline

theiking

:D Well the plugin has been developed. mxE333xm ( he revived the RingPlatform plugin and has some other really cool plugins) helped me with a custom plugin for the minecraft side, turns out wordpress already has a plugin in tangent with paypal that sends emails for gift codes. IMO the minecraft side is better.

10. Offline

XLighterShadowX

sounds like a plan

11. Offline

theiking

Indeed, he just added a random code generator inside of the plugin :D the code itself controls how which item and which amount you get

12. Offline

XLighterShadowX

ah thats useful. at least players can get their items instantly then