[REQ] Send a command when right clicking other players?

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Lextao, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Lextao

Hello all, i've been searching on the forums and had no luck finding a plugin that sends a command (Defined in config) when a player right clicks on other player... Is this possible? If so, can someone make it for me? I don't know anything about coding but i think it's simple...

Thanks in advance for taking your time to read this :3

2. Offline

LittleGruz

I'd like to know what ideas you have for the commands you want executed. Clearly it's supposed be whatever the user wants, like making a message pop-up saying "Don't click be bro" or to make lava spawn at the location the player is.
    But the commands need to be coded into the plugin. So unless the "config" file assigns a player a command that is in the plugin (or a pre-existing plugin) for when they right click, I don't think it's possible.

3. Offline

Lextao

Well see, do you know The Lord of the Craft server? In there, when you right click someone it shows their profile.. I have a plugin like that, zSociety. I want that when someone right clicks a player it sends the /pro show <player right clicked> command... Is it possible?

4. Offline

LittleGruz

Ahh, I get you now.
    When right clicked, you want "/pro show <player right clicked>" to be executed (or whatever else). I can't say for sure if it's possible yet, but it's interesting so I'll look into it. But due to having exams for the next 3 weeks, that may take some time.

5. Offline

Lextao

Ok doesnt matter I'm not that desperate so take your time and thanks ! ^^

6. Offline

LittleGruz

Just did a bit of research on this, it is definitely possible and simple to run the command in a Bukkit plugin. The other parts just require a bit more work.
    Even though I have exams, I will probably start working on this anyway.

Lextao likes this.
  7. Offline

Lextao

Oh thank ya!
    [Diamond] to you :p

8. Offline

acuddlyheadcrab

Yes it would be the onPlayerInteract event, or something like that :).

9. Offline

LittleGruz