[REQ] Set one ip to a player Whitelist ip

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by winter4w, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Offline

winter4w

Hello I have a server and I only wanna set one ip for my staff members and me. I will like this so that that staff dont get hacked and destroy the server. This is what I will like this plugin to do.

What you will need to do is assign a ip to a player like this /whitelistip (player name) (Ip address) so only that player with that ip address can join in that account. You can also change the ip address by just doing the same command again.

If you want to remove the ip address so anyone with any ip address can go on that account you do /whitelistipdel (player name) and then it will remove the ip and any one with the ip address can go on that player name.

I saw a plugin that is simular to this tho it does it with all players I just want you to manual assign the ip address.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/sec-pip-v1-0-one-player-per-ip-1-2-5r2-0.61297/page-5

Also if possible you dont have to do this but make it a private plugin for my server. Idk about the private thing I just think it will be cool to have :p

So if any one can make this please reply and if you want my skype pm me on the bukkit.

2. Offline

pzxc

You realize that most people are on dynamic IP connections - cable and dsl - and their ip will change every week or so or whenever their router gets reset? That would be a lot of work to keep updating your staff's IPs all the time, and they'd be unable to login when their IP changed until you updated them. And I'm sure not all of them are on static IPs.

3. Offline

winter4w

They tell me when there ip changes and I will change it for them I dont have alot of staff on only ill make it for my admins

4. Offline

np98765

Hmm... I have a better idea for your situation - Instead of having an IP whitelist for your staff (each time their IP changes, they won't be able to log on), get one of those authorization plugins. This will make it so that your staff have to type in a password to be able to do anything on your server, without having to limit them to one IP.

5. Offline

winter4w

I do have that some people find the passwords

6. Offline

np98765

... Then they should set better passwords -_-

I'm just telling you, this is going to be a real pain. When I used to have dynamic IP, it would change almost every day. I had to post a new IP on my server's old Tumblr page.

You're staff might have already consented, but I'm sure that some will get annoyed. To play, they have to contact you every time their IP changes. What if you're sleeping? On vacation? Away from home?

You can get someone to make this, but I doubt it's going to be widely used - I can really only see you using it. -_-

Please consider the alternate suggestion... It'll save you a lot of time, energy, and hassle down the road.

7. Offline

winter4w

Well then I guess add or set a ip range