[REQ] TimeAllowance

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Pep, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Offline

Pep

While I don't currently run a public server, I had an idea for a plugin that could be very useful for those who have more users than slots and an interest in automating access to the server to promote egalitarian use. If this already exists I apologize for posting this.

Suggested name: TimeAllowance [ADMN][ECON]

What it would do: The primary function is to regulate the amount of time a player may spend on a server by establishing a server accessibility economy in the form of 'minutes'. Optionally this feature set would be used to address busy operating hours rather than general server access.

The plugin would enforce a budget on selected player groups to regulate their play time on a server.

Configurables & Functions:

TimeAllowance checks every 15 minutes to see who was online in the last 15 minutes and then takes away a specified x amount of allowance from player.

Apply a threshold value. When a player goes below the threshold value they may or may not be kicked, but they will not be able to reconnect until their allowance is replenished if disconnected.

When minutes reaches 0, kick (config).

Optional to set a cap value for allowance total. (Users who are not very frequent visitors at the server could otherwise gain tons of access 'minutes'.)

Give/take/reset allowance for one or all players, or by group. Give command could be useful for friends who want to time-manage each other's access.

View current allowance default for any player.

Set default or group replenish rates.

Option to disable TimeAllowance economy calculating when total number of players is below threshold x so that non-busy hours are "free" for use and 'broke' players may join (another configurable depending on how strict access should be).

Optional reminder on sign-in of allowance balance.

Optional reminder when allowance crosses below threshold.

Optional quarter hour reminders when under threshold.

New player minutes value set to x.

1 allowance point equals 1 minute.

Example:

Threshold is 120 (2 hours) & thresholdkick is false. 0minutes kick is true.

Threshold reminder true. Quarter hour reminder true.

Minutes Cap is true and cap limit is 1440 (24 hours) (admin/mod can manually add more.)

New player allowance is set at 720 (12 hours)

Replenish rate is 420 (7 hours) every 72 hours/3 days.

Any other ideas?

I'm in no rush to see this created.

I currently have no use for this plugin but if you want to help me with this or other plugin requests I'm willing to offer my pixeling skill for your skins and textures and offer you access to development versions of my Minecraft texture pack, PepBasic (finally being updated again).