[REQ] Titles for every Mob instead of ID's!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by webflashing, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Offline

webflashing

Edit: (I guess now you can change BukkitContrib to Spout)

Hello everybody!

Today I was talking with the developer of BukkitContrib about a missing feature on it's last release. He told that for security reasons, he had eliminated when pressing F3, the ID label of the different Minecraft mobs.

So, I read that there are different BukkitContrib plugins to give Titles, capes and even change skins. So, if you are able via a plugin, to set the desired title of an entity, why can't you name all entities based on their type?

Normally, if you would want to see the ID's of the mobs (For debug purposes, to avoid them, or for any other reason) you normally press F3 and along with the ID, your screen fills with a lot and annoying debug data. Example:

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

Se those skeletons there? Wouldn't be great to be able to see them, without destroying the chat due to the F3 debug data? Well, my proposal for a plugin is to be able to see the name of the Creature (Wolf, Cow, Creeper, Zombie, etc) like you would normally see their ID's, but without all the debuging data. Something like the titles plugin, but applied to each loaded mob. Not players, just mobs, so you can still put titles on different players.

When talking about this with the developer, he told me that he removed this feature because it would be easy to cheat. Well, at least in my server where we just love to build, this would not be considered cheating... just a tool. And that's what I'm asking here, the possibility of a tool.

It would look like this (Kind of):

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]

So... mod gurus. Do you think of this as something that can be achieved? I don't think it would take a lot to time to develop, at least not having the Titles plugin as a base (I think).

And now, I quote the Developer (@Afforess).

I hope that anyone with the skill can look into this, and se something of worth. At least to me, it would mean a lot, and I think that there's people out there who also would be glad to have some alternative with this plugin.

Thanks very much for your time, it IS appreciated!
    Web.