[REQ] Unique plugin which a WHOLE LOT OF SERVERS NEED! ~ Home radius!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by AlexTheDooD, May 14, 2012.

1. Offline

AlexTheDooD

Hey guys.

So I have been running my server for a while, it does not encounter many problems. Griefing is non existent, and pvp is issue-less.

There is however one issue that is becoming ever more recurrent on the server.
    It is players exploiting the /sethome plugin for their advantage, they do it in a very simple and annoying way.

They find someones base, go inside it then /sethome. When they are killed they just /home back, again and again! Im sure that this is a problem with many other servers also.

Here is my idea.
    When a player /sethome's, it creates a radius attached to that coordinate. The radius would be defined in the plugins config. What this radius does is not allow any other player to use that command, within that radius.

Is this possible?
    Please, if someone could make this, It would be muchly appreciated!

2. Offline

mcgamer99

This plugin stop the players do /home instantly, with this plugin you can set a number of seconds the player teleport to home.
    For example, if you in the config file set 10 seconds, when a player do /home, he teleported to home after 10 seconds.
    Also you can set that when a player is attacking, he can't do /home, he need to finish the battle to do /home.
    Link:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/booscooldowns/

3. Offline

AlexTheDooD

This plugin does not solve my problem.
    And I am familiar with this plugin, I have used it before on this same server.

If I set that plugin up like you suggest, players can still /home back to another players base without any hassles, maybe just a longer time in-between. Thanks for the reply, but it does not solve the problem.

Would any authors be willing to create this plugin for a little monetary reward?!

Please excuse this post.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  4. Offline

Ferkswe

5. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

It's possible, but there are some details I think you might be overlooking.

Consider that among friends inevitably some people are going to want to set homes near each other. That opens a slew of permissions and sharing issues.

On my server we solved this issue by using Residence. Players claim a house and can share permissions to that house (including the ability to TP to it) with everyone, or with just a few people. I combined that with BetterAlias to create a command /go, which lets them do /go <housename> instead of /res tp <housename>. Now it's the de facto way to travel on my server.

Alternatively if you don't want to let people protect their houses, you could use TravelPad. It's a very nice plugin, but just wasn't right for my server.

6. Offline

AlexTheDooD

The 'travelpad' plugin looks perfect!
    Thanks!!

Wait wait.. On second thought it isn't.
    This would still allow players to create warps inside other players bases..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  7. Offline

Ne0nx3r0

Only if they know the password or have built a pad in their base.

8. Offline

AlexTheDooD

Bump.

Is anyone interested in producing this plugin?