[REQ][WIP] Bukkit-Planes

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by BeGamer, May 28, 2011.

1. Offline

BeGamer

Hi, I'm just learning Java right now and would like to share my idea for a plugin in hopes that someone will assist me in this.

My idea is - A plane mod that you can make with wooden halve-blocks and a minecart. No extra items will be made and no crafting is needed. The plugin will allow wooden-halve blocks to be placed on the side of a minecart. When two wooden halve-blocks are placed on each side of the minecart, the player must open his chat and type "/plane NAME-OF-PLANE" and left-click their plane. When entering the plane they must click 'P' To open a furnace GUI and burn wood to power the plane, then they can controll the plane with the "WASD" keys. They can also carry items in the plane by clicking 'C' to open a small chest GUI. They can drop the all the items in the air by clicking 'U'.

Tell me what you think and if anyone could assist me that'd be great as I'm just starting out. : P I also give permission for anyone to use this idea...

2. Offline

kahlilnc

Well there is a plugin that does allow boats and blocks to fly. Look up movecraft and skypirates.

NemTheking likes this.
  3. Offline

BeGamer

I'm aware of them. ;) But I feel that this would be a more advanced version of them. Flying boats don't really give you that plane feel. :/ Being able to power the plane with coal and drop cargo is a pretty cool thing too. My idea is based on SDK's plane mod...

I want to be able to make wings on a minecart with halve-blocks, name it and then use it in the same way as SDK's Plane mod using only the recorces in the game.

EDIT: Also, if the wings are not placed correctly, when you name it, it will give you an error message and you wil be unable to fly it.

4. Offline

kahlilnc

wow sounds physical, something bukkit may not be able to do. Look at itemcraft plugin.

5. Offline

BeGamer

I've seen the itemcraft plugin, It's not what I'm focused on. I don't want it to edit the craftbukkit.jar, it shouldn't need to edit anything as it only items/resources that are already in the game.

1. It should enable placing blocks on a minecart.
    2. If two half-blocks are on each side, it will enable the person to name the plane and use it.
    3. It should use the furnace's GUI to burn wood, if the wood is burning it enables the plane to move.
    4. It should use the chest's GUI to carry cargo, and drop all of the items when 'U' is pressed.

It doesn't seem that physical does it?

6. Offline

bevso

I love this idea and it seems really cool. Instead of just having 2 slabs and a minecart how about letting people make a plane out of objects like movecraft. With a Minecart as a cockpit and/or passenger seats too. Also the bigger the plane the more coal/wood it will burn and the bigger it is the more items it can hold. If you made a plugin like that then maybe include sitting on stairs to allow for passengers :p. My only problem with movecraft when watching something move it looks like it is lagging. I would prefer a plane to move smoothly :D.

Bevso,
    p.s. i would showcase this plugin in a video for definite :D

check out my channel on: http://www.youtube.com/user/MinecraftNewbhelp

7. Offline

BeGamer

Thanks! :D I think only selected items will be able to make a plane, I think half-blocks would be best for wings, I don't know about a passenger cockpit, I guess it could work if you can connect them together using the wings. I like your idea about power consumtion. ;D I wan't planes to take off like actuall planes, you start riding slow then you take off, W will make you go faster and S will make you go slower, maybe the arrow keys for moving up/down or vice-verca.

P.S. I like your videos. :p

8. Offline

bevso

thanks for liking the videos :D fancy subbing :p.

Yh i like the idea maybe just holding W speeds the plane up to a speed. Prehaps a bigger plane can go faster, i can make a lil video if you like just to show you what i would make a plane to look like using half steps etc also it would be cool to be able to make a jumbo jet :p

p.s. You seen all my videos?

9. Offline

BeGamer

Sure, I'll sub. ;D I hold an inactive youtube account at the moment. I'm an animator so... I'll be uploading an animation soon. I've seen about 4 of your videos. C:

Sure, that'd be good, I'de like to keep it pretty simple though. I don't want people to have to build HUGE planes just so they can fly. :p A Jumbo-Jet sounds kinda cool. Maybe the player types a command like "/plane jumbojet" and clicks their plane, then it automatically makes a jumbo-jet for them?

10. Offline

bevso

that would be cool but i like it when people use thier own imaginations and have to make thier own stuff. People are very creative just give them a chanch ;)

11. Offline

BeGamer

But, what if they aren't? :/ How about, they can build a plane however they like and add it to the pre-sets by typing "/planecreate NAMEOFPLANE"?

12. Offline

bevso

that would be cool, but that could over load the server :L well how about a simple plan like this:

its a download link check it out: <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Be cool if furnaces gave a jet of flame :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  13. Offline

BeGamer

I was thinking something along the lines of this:

[​IMG]
    It's basic and easy to make. :/

Obviously the half-steps will be attatched to the minecart. The minecart should be at the bottom so it can have wheels. :p

14. Offline

bevso

yh hae you seen my lil video? btw minecarts have to be placed on tracks thats why i did what i did as it was locked in haha

15. Offline

Tagette

The wooden slabs would not be able to move fluently with the cart or rotate with the cart. The wings will look like they are jumping instead of moving. They are minecraft blocks after-all. I don't believe you can detect button presses either.

16. Offline

bevso

Yh but we dont want new block because that requires everyone to have a client side mod loader so we are trying to come up with something using only already existing minecraft blocks haha

17. Offline

BeGamer

I'm not sure whether it would be possible to make the blocks act like minecarts and move fluently. I'm honestly not sure.. Maybe stairs instead of a minecart? You can add blocks to that anyway. :B

18. Offline

cholo71796

It's not possible. Minecarts are entities, blocks are blocks- you'll need a client mod if you want them to move like blocks can in the pistons mod and such. I'm also pretty sure that Bukkit cannot detect key presses- it detects "move forward" instead of "W" and "open inventory" instead of "I." Opening the virtual furnace and chests could still be done through commands.

19. Offline

BeGamer

Well that's a downer. :B Still, at least this mod will be possible, even if it moves very choppy.

20. Offline

bevso

choppy moving things are annoying as hell, haha btw check out my new video on house decor :p

21. Offline

BeGamer

Will do! ;D And I guess we can live with choppy moving things... As long as it FEELS like a plane and not you just flying. XP

22. Offline

Jayjay110

Heres an idea:

1. Buy minecraft
    2. Download Planes Mod
    3. Download Planes Server Mod
    4. Install
    5. ??????
    6. Profit?

23. Offline

BeGamer

Here's an idea!

1. I have bought Minecraft. (Duh!)
    2. That is a client-side mod.
    3. That edits the craftbukkit.jar and if you're on a host like BroHoster, they don't allow that.
    4. This is a good idea.
    5. ?????
    6. PROFIT!

24. Offline

Jayjay110

Dislike ... too hard

25. Offline

bevso

client side mods we no want haha

Jayjay110 likes this.
  26. Offline

Jayjay110