[REQ]Wolf Names

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by ScorchRaserik, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Offline

ScorchRaserik

This has been a PART of other requests, but I would just like a simple, lightweight, standalone wolf naming plugin. My users can take care of and create kennels for their wolves just fine, but it'd be nice and kinda fun to name each wolf you own. It would also be nice to just display the wolf name above the wolf just like player names, but that's probably asking too much

/wolfname set <Name>
    Right click on wolf to name it.

/wolfname show
    Right click on wolf to display the name in the chatbox

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

speeddemon92

Hmm this seems like a simple, but good idea. I'll see what I can make for you. The overhead names might be hard but I'll give it a try. :)

3. Offline

ScorchRaserik

Thanks! It would be much appreciated

4. Offline

speeddemon92

While I am thinking of it would you like it to have any hooks for permissions to restrict naming or save names if they are persistent?

5. Offline

ScorchRaserik

If you think it'd be best, go for it. I only host a small server, so I don't think either is required for me, personally, but someone else might think those would be useful implementations.

6. Offline

speeddemon92

I'm in the middle of making a full blown wolf control suite so I will push this out soon and use this as part of the base for the full suite. :) I'll throw in Permissions version for anyone that wants this with Permissions support.

7. Offline

ScorchRaserik

Sweet! Sounds awesome.

8. Offline

mattsolo97

Yeh this mod would be great

9. Offline

speeddemon92

It's almost finished. I've got to finish persistant saving then I pop out a jar later today with and without permissions support. :)

I just have to finish the plugin page and upload the plugin. I'll be able to do this in about 3 hours when I get back on. I added persistent name saves and added 2 config options. One hooks onto Permissions or GroupManager (or any plugin that registers as "Permissions") and the other option allows you to set OP's only for if you want only OP's to set names when you don't have Permissions

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  10. Offline

ScorchRaserik

Awesome!

Thanks again for taking this request, much appreciated.

11. Offline

speeddemon92

Well It will be delayed a little more as everything was fine except it now refuses to show the names..well not really..it just likes to say that their names are always "null" :confused: I will get the plugin submitted and post a link as soon as I trace it and fix it. And you're quite welcome.

12. Offline

rybird

this sounds awesome, i always get my wolves mixed up with others

13. Offline

speeddemon92