[REQ] WolfControl (well tought out!)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Miauw62, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Offline

Miauw62

Okay, this probably already has been sugested/made, but i want to put my own ideas here.
    WolfControl would be a simple plugin that allows server moderators to control who can use wolves, and their specific functions. it also controls how much wolves a player can have.

1. Permissions:

This are the permissions that are included in my idea:

wolfcontrol.tame -allows the player to tame wolves
    wolfcontrol.attack.players -allows the player to pvp using wolves
    wolfcontrol.attack.friendly -allows the player to attack passive mobs
    wolfcontrol.attack.hostile -allows the player to attack hostile mobs
    wolfcontrol.heal -allows the player to heal wolves.

Then there are the command permissions, wich will be explained whit the commands.

We still got one variable, stored in the info tab by permissions.
    maxwolves=5 - allows the specified player/group to have 5 wolves maximum.

2. Commands:

These are commands, they can be used for various things, like giving your wolve a 'name'.
    if possible, the names would appear above their heads, but im not sure if its possible.

/wolfname (wolfname)

then right click your wolf, and it will be named, for example:

/wolfname Bob

you right click your favorite wolve, and his name is now Bob!

you can check a wolves name by using this command:

/wolfcheck

and then you right click your wolve. it will display the ID of the wolve, his name, his owner, his health.

You also may select 'wolf kennels' where you can store your wolves when you dont want them whit you (for example, a creeper and lava filled cave.) selecting the wolf kennel is simple, you pick two points, using these commands:

/kennelpoint1
    /kennelpoint2

this will set the kennel points to the block you are pointing at.

to finish, you use this command:

/wolfkennel (owner) (owner)

you may select as much owners as you want, and only owners will be able to remove/put wolves in that kennel, ofcourse, they can only take and put their own wolves in it.

3. Wolf saving & transport:

When a player is offline, his/her wolves should be stored in a database, it would be nice if the server admin can choose what sort of database that is.
    I think somebody should be able to code so that if a player goes offline, his wolves disaeper and their positions get saved relative to the player. when the player logs on again, the wolves will be in exact the same position around him.

Also, i think that if a wolf is not in a kennel, and the player is too far way (for example, the player just used /warp fart example ) then the wolves will teleport to the player, but make sure the wolves are on a block that does not damage them, and that they are on ground, also not IN blocks.

4. Other plugins support:

It would be nice if plugins like Iconomy would be supported, this would make it possible for the server admin to make charges whenever the player tames wolf, uses a kennel, and so on.

This was my idea for controlling wolves, i hope somebody codes this!

EDIT: community suports me. more suggestions!

MisanTrophX, sorry, but that sounds a bit too complicated for me.
    i like to keep things simple.

2. Offline

halvors

Maybe i can look into this, but Bukkit need to support Minecraft Beta 1.4 first ;) But pretty good idea.

Want this plugin, so i'll gonna code it :)

3. Offline

Lolmewn

Wth, already? 1.4 isn't out yet, is it?
    EDIT: Bukkit for 1.4 ofc.

4. Offline

Casper85

I like this idea and would defo use this plugin :)

EDIT: what about adding bows support too since right now wolves wont attack if you shoot a mob?

5. Offline

halvors

Maybe, but bukkit need to have functions for this, before i can code it :)

6. Offline

NathanWolf

Claim!

Ok, not going to claim it (don't believe in that), but sure am going to do it. I definitely plan to have my own wolf control / pet plugin. It's my name, after all :)

7. Offline

DannyLAGZLOL

As far as your permissions go, those arent need or dont make sence, it would be something like
    wolf.tame
    Thats the only one i could think would be useful,
    Cool idea for max 5..
    i dont think you would need to heal or anything , kind of not for permissions..
    other then that the names would be cool for names etc etc etc

they do..at least for me they do

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  8. Offline

Casper85

9. Offline

Major

I'm going to give this a go but here's the current Wolf Class.. thing. lol.

CraftWolf

10. Offline

NathanWolf

Hello! Spells 0.996 is released, and supports wolves in the "familiar" spell. I also added a "wolf" spell, just for summoning a wolf.

Control spells and such are coming, but I wanted to be able to summon them first :)

EDIT: Control spells are here. Or, rather, I've improved the wolf spell. It now controls the wolf once summoned- you can make him sit, stand, get angry or calm down (it cycles through them).

Also, casting the spell again when your wolf gets too far away from you brings him back to your side.

Now, to look into getting rid of that collar... hope it's possible!

11. Offline

Kane

NathanWolf don't ruin it with spells :p

Id like to see a plugin just for wolves maybe even a way to mount them where they feel more like a real mount if that is even possible.

12. Offline

MisanthropX

:)
    For our server: I'm interested in being able to sell wolfes (not with iconomy, we have our own currency system :) )
    Maybe with a bit of realism, because if a hunter tamed the wolf that doesn't need to mean that he likes others too.
    So basically no simple /wolf sell or something like that, but being able to get used to your wolf you bought and he trusts you over time, if you care a lot about your wolf!
    So how does "caring about a wolf" looks like?
    Well, like in other beginnings of having a dog you need to teach him how to sit and stay put.
    Different random minds :) - meaning:
    some wolfes are so extroverted and friendly that they won't let you get away and follow you everywhere, even if you told them to sit: they will stand up after you went away and follow you again.
    Othere wolfes will be angry in the beginnings of taming them and maybe bite you wenn you tell them to sit.
    And there are wolfes which are shy and could never touch other animals (or monsters) so he will hide behind you if you are going to attack a monster and hope that he helps you :)
    And there are wolfes which are so interested in killing other animals so they kill them even if you never told him to,
    he will learn by himself that an amount of monsters are too much.
    These minds could be mixed.

Also feeding a wolf and teaching him how to get his own food would be awesome.

I am personally no friend of using commands to perform something.
    That means that buying a wolf from a hunter should not work with a command.
    but for example: the hunter could teach you how to handle a wolf, maybe at least the ownership can be done by a command.

13. Offline

silentdojo

One other quick idea is allow the wolves to pickup dropped items near them and goes straight to your inventory or there own small inventory if possible.

14. Offline

MisanthropX

thinking about how or in what way a wolf could be useful for a hunter on their hunts.
    huntdogs are used to be able to lure animals so the hunter can shoot them easily.
    The hunter could send his dog (again: if possible without commands, a good beginning would be to throw a bone and they follow it to get to the direction of the animal.
    another possible way could be right or leftclicking in the air (but having the mob in your crosshair) with a bone in the hand.
    they could get the loot and bring it to you then :)

also i thought about a few things your wolf get trained passive, I am personally no fan of a every-5-minute shout "your wolf got leveled up!" but i prefer realism.
    But non the less we have to work with numbers in a way anyway :p

So my idea:
    after killing X mobs you get level ups for your wolf which won't be displayed.
    after every level up your wolf randomly chooses one of the following 3 attributes.
    strength: wolfs bite gets stronger
    agility: wolf gets faster
    vitality: wolf stays longer before hes knocked out or dies.

however, these are just ideas who got into my mind. :)

15. Offline

Miauw62

Thanks for all the good ideas, and good response. i'll suggest it on the mod (it got made, im so happy!).

16. Offline

AgentKid

Bump? All my users are requesting this so that they don't have to re-aquire their wolves after they crash or something.

17. Offline

Miauw62

ouch. thanks for your bump.
    i am still breaking my head about a system to name wolves.
    i think names above their heads would not be possible.

18. Offline

AgentKid

names above their heads probably won't be possible without a clientside mod, but I mean I'd be fine with right clicking a wolf and it says his name, health, how long he's been tamed, etc.

19. Offline

Legolas75893

Love Bump