Request: Assassin Abilities

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by hjeyez, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Offline

hjeyez

Suggested name: Assassin Abilities

What I want:
    (I'm sure that the plugin will need Spout dependency)
    There are three skills I would like to have in this plugin:

Blending:
    Use /blend or right click with a defined item (use "0" for an empty hand). It will take a predefined amount of seconds in the config, then it will turn you into a villager. If possible, nobody will be able to trade with you so as to make it a bit easier to be noticed. On right clicking with that same item, interacting with another entity, sprinting, or taking damage, you will become yourself again.

Eagle Vision:
    Right click the air with a defined item in the config (once again, "0" for open hand) or use /eaglevision or /ev. It will turn enemy players' nametags red, friendly players' blue, neutral players' names will stay white, targets will turn gold, even if the player is blending. Of course, I'm pretty sure, this would be unavailable to players without the spout client mod. On right clicking/left clicking anything, or sprinting, Eagle Vision will be turned off.

How to set friends and enemies:
    /aa friend [player]
    /aa enemy [player]
    /aa target [player]
    /aa neutral [player]
    (^only if the player is a target, enemy, or friend, otherwise it is not needed)

Viewpoint syncing:
    I'm not even sure if this is possible, but I'm going to put it out there anyways.
    Nothing would be added to your map until you did this:
    -Climbed to at least a height of 128
    -did /sync or right clicked the air with a pre-defined item in the config (I'd go with feather as default)
    It could maybe add a bigger radius to your map every 16 blocks higher from 128, which would give it 8 different stages at 144, 160, 176, 192, 208, 224, 240, 256. It would take a pre-defined amount of seconds to sync. After syncing, it would make you invincible for a defined amount of seconds in the config, giving you enough time to leap off of wherever you are standing.
    EDIT: Could this maybe be done with Rei's minimap? I have seen servers that use minimaps.

Ideas for commands:
    /aa help
    -each command has its own page with a description
    /aa reload
    -reloads config file
    /aa disable
    -disables all features of Assassin Abilities except the base /aa commands
    /aa enable
    -re-enables all features after being disabled
    /aa friend
    -(see 'Eagle Vision')
    /aa enemy
    -(see 'Eagle Vision')
    /aa target
    -(see 'Eagle Vision')
    /aa neutral
    -(see 'Eagle Vision')
    /eaglevision or /ev
    -(see 'Eagle Vision')
    /blend
    -(see 'Blend')
    /sync
    -(see 'Viewpoint syncing')

Ideas for permissions:
    aa.help
    -/aa help
    aa.reload
    -/aa reload
    aa.disable
    -/aa disable
    aa.enable
    -/aa enable
    aa.eaglevision
    -/aa ev
    -/aa eaglevision
    aa.blend
    -/aa blend
    aa.sync
    -/aa sync

Additional note:
    One or more of these features I have requested may be impossible, but if you can make a plugin with any of these, I would be extremely grateful.

Also, this doesn't need to be done anytime too soon, but if you can make it as fast as possible without rushing through it, that would be awesome.

Thanks,
    hjeyez

Just wondering, TnT, what exactly did you edit? :confused:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

np98765

That's just an anti-spam measure -- Users with less than five posts need to have their posts approved by Forum Staff.

3. Offline

hjeyez

np98765 Ahh okay thanks, it just kind of confused me.

4. Offline

np98765

Confused me in the beginning as well. ;)

5. Offline

hjeyez

Well, as nobody has said anything,
    BUMP

6. Offline

Kiakaha

It doesn't help this request (except for the safefalling) but you should check out the
    DarkBrotherhood Plugin. It is all very assassin/ninja themed abilities you should enjoy

I really like your minimap idea thing. you should try requesting it of Rei on the reis minimap forum directly
    If he picked up the idea then he could make it configurable server side. (although di cks will be able to hack around it probably)

7. Offline

hjeyez

Kiakaha
    Thanks, but I'm already using Dark Brotherhood, its great! Maybe the creator of DB could look into adding some of these features...
    Yeah, you're probably right, but considering it wouldn't be a HUGE part of the gameplay, it may have to be lived with.

8. Offline

hjeyez

Bumpity bump bump

9. Offline

np98765

Then I'd recommend asking the author. It's pretty doubtful that someone is going to recreate it and add the features -- It would be much easier for the developer to just add whatever features in, assuming that (s)he is still active, of course.

10. Offline

hjeyez

np98765
    Thanks I'll ask, but Dark Brotherhood 1.8 is coming out with a lot of new features and only two developers are working on it...
    I don't want to overwhelm them but they may be my best bet.
    And I don't necessarily want all of it in one plugin, I'm fine with using multiple plugins.

11. Offline

hjeyez

12. Offline

hjeyez

Bump again... Nobody is interested?

13. Offline

Kiakaha

It's not that noone is interested mate.. it's that you Can't make a bukkit plugin for the Map thing. it HAS to be client side.

Noone will make a safefalling pluging because it already exists in many forms

And you can't directly do the Player Colours by Enemy/Ally thing.

You can come close to it using "Nametags" and "TAGAPI" (they work together) but this will only show Enemy / Friend colours in the sense that each Permission group can be assigned a colour.

If you want the map thing done you need to take that specific request directly to "Rei" the creator of "Reis minimap"

In short.
    one of your requests is impossible serverside
    one of them is already in existing plugins
    and the last is not possible to your specification. but can be worked around to some degree already.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  14. Offline

hjeyez

Actually, I specifically mentioned that I don't care if one of the features is impossible.
    The safe-falling thing is only needed if the map thing is possible, which you said is not.
    And I know that Eagle Vision CAN indeed be done, even without the player needing the spout client. Minez uses a plugin where you can friend players and their name will be green to you, so why not add some other things on to that?
    Furthermore, blending I know can definitely be made, but you failed to mention that section in your reply.
    So pretty much, I can take the Viewpoint syncing part off (I thought maybe waypoints could be added but I don't think that is possible), and leave the rest as a valid request.

15. Offline

Kiakaha

Wow.

Thanks for telling me that thing that i just told you in the above post.. lolz. you asked me a question i answered it.. i never said name colours was impossible i just said you could get close to it already and suggested you a plugin

/runs for the hills

16. Offline

hjeyez

You said Tag API and Nametags but that's not what I'm looking for...

17. Offline

hjeyez

18. Offline

hjeyez

19. Offline

hjeyez

Bump bump bump...

20. Offline

Kiakaha

There is one out now
    I cant remember the name of it but there is alink to it on the TAGS API page (they list all plugins that work with it)

It really does do Friend/Foe colors. peace.

21. Offline

hjeyez

Thank you I will check it out