[Request] BetterNicks

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by MegaKyle1250, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Offline

MegaKyle1250

Suggested name: BetterNicks

What I want: As an idea, I think the plugin should "scan" the plugins folder for Essentials. If Essentials is there, it will disable /nick and replace it with its own functions. It would use it's own functions if Essentials isn't present. When a player does /nick it should do the same functions as Essentials, but with more perks. Right now my only idea is that you can just type the name of the color and it changes your name to that color. ex: /nick blue will make my name MegaKyle1250
    instead of doing /nick &1MegaKyle1250. I think this would be good as a donator command.

Ideas for commands: /nick

Ideas for permissions: betternicks.all ALL Essentials & BetterNicks /nick perks
    betternicks.color Allows a player to change only the color of their name.

When I'd like it by: Preferably by the end of Febuary, if not by March 5th :)

2. MegaKyle1250 This seems pretty easy, I will give it a shot! :)

First I am going to search around for a plugin like this, because I have seen one on a server recently allowing players to buy a color for their nickname..

MegaKyle1250 Also, Essentials has a function where if another plugin has the same command, Essentials lets the other plugin takeover. You have the option to disable certain plugins from doing this in the config, but /nick should work without having to manually disable it.

MegaKyle1250 I tried this and was having some trouble with some of the setDisplayName() codes..
    I found a couple that are basically what you want. Here ya go :)
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/colorname/
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/colorme/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Offline

Mathias Eklund

I'll make this.

tylerthecreeper1 likes this.
  4. Mathias Eklund Post the link when your done, I'm interested in using it!

I'm not sure what I did wrong when trying to make it, but I had some setDisplayName() errors..

5. Offline

MegaKyle1250

Thank you so much :) I really appreciate it. If you can msg me when it is complete or updates ^.^

6. Offline

Mathias Eklund

tylerthecreeper1 I will of course post the download link here in the thread. MegaKyle1250 Yeah sure, I've finished with the extra feature that you wanted. Will construct all the core elements aswell. Will probably be finished later today.

EDIT: Finished the plugin. <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Permissions are nicknamer.use and nicknamer.admin . You can view the commands by typing /nick help or simply just /nick. Have fun.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016