[Request] Display name changer

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by BoomShnizel, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Offline

BoomShnizel

Plugin category: No idea

Suggested name: Displayname

What I want: I would like to have a super simple plugin that can change the display name of the player (the name that is shown above the player's head)

Ideas for commands:
    /changedisplayname [player] [name]
    or
    /cdn [player] [name]

Ideas for permissions: Displayname.change

When I'd like it by: Whenever you can :D

Anyone? :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
  2. Offline

Onlineids

BoomShnizel likes this.
  3. Offline

connorlinfoot

This is something that can be easily created either with Protocol LIB or the TagAPI BUT the issue is that usually if you change the display name above a players head it will make them lose their skin (So become Steve)

If you're happy with that then let me know and I'll work on creating a plugin for you sometime in the next few days.

4. Offline

Marten Mooij

5. Offline

BoomShnizel

Yes please :), I don't care about losing skins cause it is for an RP server, so it is even a bonus. Thank you :D

I've checked all of these, none fit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

6. Offline

Marten Mooij

7. Offline

BoomShnizel

nametagedit - changes prefixes and suffixes only
    namechanger - you can only change your name, and it writes a message
    disnamechanger - didnt work for me

8. Offline

Marten Mooij

BoomShnizel Well i'm sure if you put effort into looking for the plugin you desire you will find it.

9. Offline

BoomShnizel

I've searched everywhere. It is not like after 1 day of searching I come to this forum, after a few days of searching I just realized that this plugin is not out there.

10. Offline

connorlinfoot

Working on it now :)

I've created the plugin for you.

Download: https://github.com/connorlinfoot/DisplayNameChanger/releases/tag/1.1
    Source Code: https://github.com/connorlinfoot/DisplayNameChanger/

It also requires the TagAPI plugin to be installed alongside it http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/tag/

There is only 1 command and 1 permission which the command is '/cdn' and the permission is displayname.change (Default to OP)

Any issues/bugs let me know

11. Offline

BoomShnizel

Thank you! :D no bugs so far

12. Offline

XgXXSnipz

Marten Mooij thanks kinda like saying, If i find a minigame i really want and i look really hard, then ill find it, that wasnt fraised very well

13. Offline

BoomShnizel

I've found a bug, the command can't be executed from the console. Can you fix that? :)

14. Offline

connorlinfoot

15. Offline

BoomShnizel

16. Offline

EvilGooD

Can you make this plugin compatible with group manager?

17. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

The name above the players head isn't affected by any permissions plugin. And commands should work fine regardless which permissions plugin you use.

18. Offline

connorlinfoot

To do what exactly?

19. Offline

EvilGooD

20. Offline

CGA1123

EvilGooD The plugin isnt supposed to change your name in the chat I believe, only the player tag.

EvilGooD likes this.
  21. Offline

connorlinfoot

You are correct :) I am going to add it too soon change chat nickname though

EvilGooD and CGA1123 like this.