Request: dragon transportation

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by zipron, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Offline

zipron

So copy-pasting from the example:
    Plugin category: Mech I suppose
    What I want: I saw a plugin called dragonTravel wich allows players to "mount" a dragon and fly to another point. This could be with or without iConomy, so you could also pay for it. Now I think it would be cool to extend this idea. It would be nice if I could use dragon traveling in stead of warps on my server. What this includes:
    - travel from one point to another for free or paying
    - deny dragons from destroying any blocks on there path
    - make them fly "smart", include some kind of pathfinding so they don't hit any objects
    - adding paying features
    - adding the possibilty to set a maximum time of travel (when the flight takes more then 30 seconds, you teleport to the arrival point in stead of flying to it the whole way)
    - allowing admins to set waypoints for the route the dragon takes.

So I also had the idea a plugin like tis would be cool if you could say the dragon should fly to certain waypoints. Using that technique, we could make some kind of "server tour" from the skies where people can enjoy the view while riding this dragon.

Command ideas:
    - setting departure and end points fe: route X starts at: departure X and goes to arrivel X, players can only mount dragons when in the departure zone
    - setting waypoints: for route X, players fly from departure X to point X1, after that to point X2 and then going to arrival X
    - mounting dragons (this comes from the existing plugin): you can mount a dragon using a command and in the deparure zone. When mounting in departure X, you'll fly to arrival X

Permission ideas:
    basic stuff for the commands: allowing certain groups to use dragons or not.

Zip =)

2. Offline

Phiwa

The features 1,2 and 4 are included in DragonTravel (at least in the next version).
    Feature 3 is not possible, that's why we are planning to do it the way you propose in point 6.

First of all we need to get the dragons move properly and after that we can add more features...

zipron likes this.
  3. Offline

zipron

You can make them fly to a point, right? So let's say in stead of flying in a straight line, when flying you "scan" the area in front of your dragon for obstacles, and recalculate optional waypoints when flying so it avoids mountains? If not possible, I suppose we can just configure manually the waypoints, no? I just think the coolest thing about this plugin is you can fly on a dragon, not fast transportation because there are teleport plugins for that. But if pathfinding is not possible, we can just manually configure the path it has to follow.

thanks for the answer btw =)
    zip

4. Offline

Phiwa

The option to manually create a path is already included somehow, but only for us Devs.
    We will add it to the plugin officially, so you can do it as well in one of the next updates.

zipron likes this.
  5. Offline

zipron

Nice =) Now another question, using aplha 0.2 I just sit on the dragon for 2 seconds and it's.. bouncy. I know that last thing will get fixed but what about the time on a dragon? I mean, I realy need something to make a server tour wich involves that I need to be able to see everything the dragon flies over =)

thanks for the response btw =)
    zip

6. Offline

Phiwa

The current way of travelling is only a temporary "solution" which we will change in one of the next versions.

7. Offline

zipron

ok nice one =)

8. Offline

shanko