[Request] Increase Defense/Health for 1 Person

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Toksin, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Offline

Toksin

Hi everyone! How's your week going? Im kinda new here on the Bukkit forums, and I've been browsing the plugins section. However, I haven't found a plugin to suit my needs. You see, I'm going to be making a server soon, and I'd like to have some sort of "Legendary" people wandering around as a sort of challenge fight. All I need is some way to edit player health so that the player can take alot more damage than they usually can, as to make the fight more difficult. Can anyone save this "Damsel in Distress?"

2. Offline

Jakh33

Is there a specific amount of hearts you wish players to have, or do you want a command able to set their health?

3. Offline

Toksin

Thanks for the quick reply! I would like to be able to use commands or an editable yml or permissions file, if possible. Sorry if I'm talking out of my ass, Im kinda new. :3

4. Offline

Jakh33

np, I'll have a plugin done in a few minutes

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Commands:
    - /checkhealth (player)
    Checks yours or another players health.

- /sethealth [player] [amount]
    Sets a players health.

- /unsethealth [player]
    Return a player to standard health.

- /clearhealth
    Return all players to standard health.

Permissions:

"Legendary.checkhealth" - Check anothers health.
    "Legendary.sethealth" - Set anothers health.
    "Legendary.unsethealth" - Remove a players set health.
    "Legendary.clearhealth" - Remove all players set health.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2016
  5. Offline

Toksin

You, dear sir, are amazing. All the internets to you!

Another stupid question, where exactly do I put these files when I download them? Sorry for bothering you... :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  6. Offline

Jakh33

If you've started your server you should have a folder called "plugins", simply drag the .jar into the folder, reload the server and your done

7. Offline

Toksin

Wow. I feel like a complete ass now. -_- Thank you so much for educating me. :)

Another problem. Doesn't work like it should. I type the command ./sethealth Toksin 200, but I still take normal damage. Help?

8. Offline

Jakh33

It should appear as you taking damage, however you won't actually die until your /checkhealth reaches 0

9. Offline

Toksin

But I'm still taking normal damage. Ex. Without armor, I still take 2 and a half hearts damage, which is what it usually is. And, this is after I set my Health to 2000

10. Offline

Jakh33

Okay, looking through atm

Seems to be working fine on my server,
    "/sethealth Jakh33 2000"

Drowned, jumped off heigh and went into lava, all affected my sethealth not normal

11. Offline

Toksin

Maybe because it's still 1.0? My server is 1.1

I get this message whn startin my server:
    12:36:28 [INFO] Plugin Legendary version 1.0.0 has been disabled!
    12:36:28 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Legendary v1.0.0 (Is it up to da
    te?): org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.registerEvents(Lorg/bukkit/event/Listener;
    Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;)V
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.plugin.PluginManager.registerEvents(Lorg
    /bukkit/event/Listener;Lorg/bukkit/plugin/Plugin;)V
    at com.jakh33.Legendary.LegendaryPlugin.onEnable(LegendaryPlugin.java:31
    )
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:230)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:989)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:190)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:173
    )
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:356)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:343)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:175)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:407)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:465)

12. Offline

thehutch

He has configured his plugin.yml incorrectly :p

13. Offline

Toksin

Can it be fixed easily?

14. Offline

Jakh33

Okay, theres another version. And thehutch how exactly was my plugin.yml wrong?

15. Offline

ZNickq

[quote uid=5429 name="Jakh33" post=955999]<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Okay, theres another version. And thehutch how exactly was my plugin.yml wrong?[/quote]
    It wasn't wrong, you were just using the new registerEvents system, and the person running it had an older bukkit ver!

16. Offline

Toksin

Thank you guys so much. I got it working. So happy! However, I have one more request; Is there some way you can script it so that the damage still shows up on your hearts? Like, say I set my HP to 200, can you script the hearts to show when Im at half, or 100? Or can you script it so it says in the chat?

17. Offline

Zarius

Jakh33 Not sure how "Legendary" is currently working but to get the hearts working properly you could perhaps store the player's health in a temp variable and reduce by <damage> but then round down to within the standard 20 hearts to display the damage (eg. 100 health - 10 damage = 90 health. 100/20 = 5, 90/5 = 18 so we set players health to 18).

18. Offline

Jakh33

Zarius Thanks for the idea, I'll add that in another version

There, should follow Zarius's suggestion

19. Offline

Toksin

THIS IS AMAZING. Still one slight problem though; full huger doesn't regenerate health now. I thank you for all your hard work you're putting into this. If you can fix this one problem though, you will become a legend in my mind. (And maybe my server. ;))

20. Offline

Jakh33

All healing will get converted into the players legendary health if enabled to a maximum of their original set value, or behave normally if they don't have any health set

21. Offline

Toksin

I legit want to kiss you right now. No homo. I could never thank you enough for this.

22. Offline

Jakh33

Np, happy to help