[Request] Can someone make me a plugin?? (easy)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by seventiny84, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Offline

seventiny84

Hello reader, this is a fairly simple plugin that I want you the make. I am new at this.

Plugin category: Fun (I think)

Suggested name: Better Spiders? (someone help with this name)

What I want: I want to make spiders to be able to RUN faster, think SMARTER, ATTACK with more damage, spawn rapidly (maybe near some spider webs). If possible make them shoot web/slimeball to make the player slower. Ohh!! and make this configurable. (if you can). Thx

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin

Ideas for permissions: Can someone help me out with this. (again new)

When I'd like it by: Anytime no rush. :)

2. Offline

YoshiGenius

For starters, this isn't (easy), as the dev would need to modify the spider's AI to make it think smarter. Faster running could be a speed potion, stronger attack would be strength potion and to make it spawn rapidly would be easy.

3. Offline

Sushi

Don't ever say a plugin is simple if you don't know how to do Bukkit programming. This plugin isn't simple.

4. Offline

frash23

As you are stating, he is not a bukkit programmer. (Or, in a more correct way, java programmer).
    He might just thought the idea/concept was simple and easy (meybe he thought something like this?: I mean, it's just a value right? There could be like a spider-speed:x value?) or something.
    Many people without any kind of/idea of what programming is like think like this:
    Concept = product (as in difficulty to make)

whitehooder likes this.
  5. Offline

whitehooder

For sure!

6. Offline

frash23

Nice to see someone finding my posts useful (i had a hard time getting accepted on reddit. I now have 800 link karma though)
    Off topic: I took a look at your plugins, whitehooder. They are very nicely coded, but Fakemessager can be replaced by essentials' /sudo command (most servers have essentials) and WaterProof is very nice, but WorldGuard has an advanced option of this too. Your CakeIsAlive plugin is awesome though, great fun! :D

whitehooder likes this.
  7. Offline

whitehooder

Thank you sir ;)
    Have thought of updating the fakemessager plugin for ages now... Haven't had any time for it sadly :( Getting back to coding though so it will not be replaceable by Essentials in near future ;)
    Thanks again. Merry (day after GMT) Christmas!

8. Offline

frash23

You too :D
    We already celebrate christmas 24th evening in denmark (as i am writing, it is 25th, 2 AM), so i already gad my awesome x-mas :D

9. Offline

whitehooder

Same timezone! Norway here though ;)

10. Offline

frash23

These, permissions, are things you add for "groups" you put players in. It could be default (players who have not been moved to a group), moderators, or something else.
    You could request a permission so that group "awesome" would not be slowed

If this plugin was rushed (i am not a java developer, this is assumptions from experience with other languages), it would take about a week, if dev worked very hard on it. It would also be extremely buggy (i guess) the first couple of weeks.

TL:DR, This plugin is possible, but would take some time to make.

11. Offline

whitehooder

The movement speed, attacking and spawning is easy. No more work than 30 minutes, but the slowing thing (like in Diablo 3, if you got it from there ;)) is a little harder to me, but I know others does this fast too. The only thing that would need to get worked on (and tested a LOT) is the AI. I really don't get the point of improving the AI anyway :3 only thing could be to make them aggressive at day time as well, but nothing else comes to my head.

I can look into this tomorrow. Got some great spare time for my coding this week. Gotta love those vacations :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  12. Offline

frash23

You could just make the spiders throw splash potions of slowness. Much easier :p

13. Offline

seventiny84

Oh I didn't know wit was hard sorry

Ok thats fine.

You don't have to improve the AI but if you can maybe make them more aggressive during the day. Thx guys I AM A NOOB when it comes to thins stuff if you can, can someone give me a link to a good tutorial?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2016
  14. Offline

whitehooder