[Resource] Server Side lighting, no it isn't just client side.

Discussion in 'Resources' started by RingOfStorms, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So what are the best working versions of that?

2. Offline

Hoolean

RingOfStorms

What's the latest? What versions work the best :)

3. Offline

RingOfStorms

My version at least still works for me, just re-tested to make sure. I'm sure Comphenix's Version would still work then as well (which is probably better I'm guessing Hoolean). But if copy-pasting that code doesn't work, then obviously you are not updating imports and actually understanding it to get it working. Make sure to read the code and figure out what it does, and fix anything that may be wrong on your end.

4. Offline

Hoolean

RingOfStorms

I haven't tried using it at all yet, so errors was not what I'm talking about :p

Comphenix 's version only allows you to create light and not remove it (other people have reported that to be broken), and your one was an unkown.

I will use your one in the future then :)

5. @Comphenix Is there a working version that also allows me to delete the light?

6. Offline

NathanWolf

Sorry if this is an improper necrobump, but if anyone's still interested (I was!), I updated the original code to work with 1.7 (or 1.6) using reflection:

https://raw.github.com/elBukkit/Mag...makers/mine/bukkit/utilities/LightSource.java

I've only tested in 1.7, but it will try both versions of the packet so should work in 1.6 and lower as well. I have not tried removing a light yet, either, but can verify they are gone on reload.

And while I'm here- thank you so much for this! It's an awesome effect to have in the toolbelt. :D

kennethbgoodin and BeYkeRYkt like this.
  7. Offline

NathanWolf

Note on the above code, removing the light source doesn't seem to work. I'm not sure what I did wrong there, but if anyone has any insight I would appreciate it!

8. Offline

L337Lobster

When I try using this i get an error that says Packet56MapChunkBulk cannot be resolved to type. What am I doing wrong?

Also not deleting the light source properly.

9. Offline

MRtimmeyyy

Hey very cool resource, but here is the thing. This plugin creates light from torch by spawning glowstone under you http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/rwtc/ but it's bit laggy if lot of people do it! Maybe you could create plugin that creates light from server when holding torch, not spawning glowstone under you. Using this resource that may be possible... What do you think?

10. Offline

BeYkeRYkt

11. Offline

GreySwordz

I'm pretty sure the new updates have broken this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.