AutoSeed, Revive with less health and Disable Command..

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by morizuki, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Offline

morizuki

I request a autoseed.. :D

I'm requesting like this.. whenever someone Died, your health will return to 1 or half heart instead of full :D like Ragnarok style or any RPG style :)

requesting Disable certain command in main world.. meaning I want to disable a command in a specific world..

2. Offline

CyberGod101

AFAIK Minecart Mania can do this

morizuki likes this.
  3. Offline

morizuki

oh really? ok ill try to look at it.. :D
    EDIT: Oh nice.. heheh thanks.. two more request to go :D

4. Offline

Pencil

Use permissions to disable commands in certain worlds, for the only 1 heart thing that should be easy to do, so you want EVERYONE that respawns just have 1 heart?

5. Offline

morizuki

for the disable commands, yeah I know the permissions thingy but, sometimes other plugin doesn't have permission so my player can access them freely, for the one heart thing.. yeah.. everyone or it can be configure.. :D

6. Offline

Pencil

Well :p Thats what permissions tries to fix, anything not made for permissions can't be controlled :p

7. Offline

morizuki

aw.. but I just saw a plugin that PlgDisableCmd, althought he doesn't use multiworld or permission..

8. Offline

Pencil

Hmm, didn't see that yet sorry :p

9. Offline

morizuki

yeah that's why if he can do it, i think other developer can.. also with the 1 heath thingy :))

10. Offline

Wakko

Spawning with less health might encourage people to heal up instead of dying to recover health. :p
    (Probably better for RP servers, or servers where you won't die again shortly after spawning.)

morizuki likes this.
  11. Offline

ZephyrSigmar

I can make it but how do you want?
    There's 2 version:
    The player revives with a fix(ex.:5) hearth.
    or
    The player revives with a dynamic health,which is less then he had before (more then 0)
    ?

12. Offline

morizuki

fix.. :)

13. Offline

ZephyrSigmar

Well i just started to work on it,give me 10 min.

morizuki likes this.
  14. Offline

morizuki

woah thank you so much :D

15. Offline

ZephyrSigmar

I made it hours ago,its loading the config and stuff be the most important part (set the health of the player at respawn) didnt works for some reason :confused: If i have some time again then i try to fix it.

Wakko and morizuki like this.
  16. Offline

morizuki

ok then :D i'll wait for that..

17. Offline

Wakko

Not sure if this was answered yet, but you can use per-world permission settings with any permission plug-in.
    So just remove the node giving users the command in the world you don't want them using. :)

18. Offline

DrBowe

Thats not 'necessarily' true. There's still the isOp(), and of course, config files work as well. Of course, permissions is clearly the easiest-to-use 'controlling' mechanism

19. Offline

morizuki

as i stated to pencil yeah I know the permissions thingy but, sometimes other plugin doesn't have permission so my player can access them freely

20. Offline

Pencil

Yep but isOP() can't really be controlled :p And configuring in a config file is.... meh too much work :D
    I looked at how PlgnoCmd handles it, and basically if ANY other plugin uses highest priority it wont cancel that command :p

@morizuki

I can't give this a shot atm because I'm busy programming a plugin for my server but it will also have this idea in it (because I think it's really good) and when I get done with it I will extract this part and make it it's own plugin.

morizuki likes this.
  21. Offline

morizuki

sure :D

22. Offline

krinsdeath

SimpleRegen

Includes a config.yml for changing default values. Requires Permissions (tested against 3.1.5, nothing else). If you get any errors, let me know.

I tried my best to document the config.yml, but if it's too confusing I can try to explain more in depth here if you'd like!

edit: included source files in jar
    edit #2: included command override feature

23. Offline

morizuki

it's working perfectly fine.. just found one bug..

i tried setting the regen rate to 3000

but it still regen faster..

even if i tried 30secs.. it's the same speed of regen..

24. Offline

krinsdeath

Can you show me your config.yml and permissions groups.yml? If you're in a group that uses "- '*'" for a permission, you'll get both the users regen rates (meaning if one is 30 seconds and the other is 3000, you'll regen at both rates).

Otherwise, it may have been an oversight :x

edit: I also hardcoded it to reset the counter at 600 seconds (10 minutes), so 3000 (50 minutes) is effectively out of range. But that is beside the point. If you want massive values like that (I can't imagine why) I can change it.

SimpleRegen thread

25. Offline

morizuki

hmm.. i'm using a normal user.. and the regeneration of health is still fast even if it's 30

here is my config

Code:
    # To add new "groups," just add them to permissions as 'simpleregen.groupname'
    # Defaults:
    #   - 'simpleregen.user'
    #   - 'simpleregen.admin'

plugin:
        # Set peaceful to true if you:
        # - 1) want custom regeneration speeds instead of "immortality" in default behavior for peaceful mode
        # - 2) want to enable peaceful mode in all worlds
      peaceful: true
        # Set regen to true to enable the health regeneration feature, or false to disable it entirely.
      regen: true
        # Set disabler to true to enable the command override feature, or false to disable it entirely.
      disabler: true

settings:
      user:
          # health_respawn: Player will respawn with the health indicated (2 health = 1 heart)
        health_respawn: 1
          # regen_amount: Player will regenerate the specified amount at the specified rate
        regen_amount: 1
          # regen_rate: Player will regenerate health at the rate specified in seconds
        regen_rate: 30
          # By default, the "user" group regenerate 1 health every 30 seconds, and respawn with 1 health
          # Lowering the rate will increase server strain on large servers.
        disabled_commands:
          - kill
      admin:
        health_respawn: 20
        regen_amount: 1
        regen_rate: 30
          # By default, the "admin" group will regenerate 1 health every 30 seconds, and respawn at full health

26. Offline

krinsdeath

I tried regen_rate values of 10, 30, and 60 for "user" with a permission node of "simpleregen.user" for my group, and it works fine.

Can I see your permissions files? groups.yml and users.yml.

edit: If you wouldn't mind moving this conversation to the official thread, I'd appreciate it.

SimpleRegen Thread

morizuki likes this.