RPG Items/ Phatloots cross

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by GrandRealms, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Offline

GrandRealms

I dont know if this is possible but lately on my RPG server that I am working my friends and I have decided that the two plugins we like the most are the Phatloots one and RPG Items one each which do different things. Phatloots lets me have randomized chests with random items of my choice with chances of seeing the item or not. RPG Items lets me make custom RPG items with custom damage values like 1-10 or 1-5 or 5-7 or 20-22 but I can make then custom. So now where I want the mix is so that I could basically say 1-10 on the item itself but then when I put it into Phatloots it would do something 1-5 2-10 5-10 9-10 3-5 4-5 basically between 1-10 create random damage values with the plugin so that any number between 1-10 can become the new damage for the item and it just keeps randomizing it every time you open the chest. Now it would be cool if this was just like a plugin add on or something not asking you to recode both plugins into one just an addon

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

GrandRealms Why won't you just ask for it at Phatloots?

3. Offline

GrandRealms

Wow I just realized that I shouldve done that from the start...

timtower likes this.
  4. Offline

Zarius

It's possible to hook into RPGItems to "grab" an item by name which you can then use in your own code. This means it's possible for PhatLoots to support RPGItems - I'd recommend suggest this to Codisimus on the PhatLoots BukkitDev page (although be patient, I believe he's quite busy at the moment).

5. Offline

Codisimus

Only 3 weeks left until I graduate. After that I will be able to continue work on my plugins. I would assume that RPGItems would work with PhatLoots already as long as it is configured properly. I will look into the source of RPGItems.

GrandRealms If you change the damage of an RPG Item, aren't all existing items of the same kind modified as well?