[RPG/MECH] mcMMO v1.2.07 - RPG Addiction Redefined! Multi-Lingual! [1337][1549]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nossr50, Feb 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nossr50

2. Offline

nossr50

@Jamie: Thanks again, I'm forgetful sometimes.I'll put it in the next release.

3. Offline

Jamie

Nossr,
    No big rush. Also a Request ... Perhaps you could add a settable timer to the /myspawn command? While a player is trying to kill other players and they type /warpofsomesort and abandon their demise would probably get frustrating :) And i also agree that a command to set players skills and or check them would be pretty useful.
    -Jamie

4. Offline

RedDragonGecko

Would it be possible to disable certain features such as; spawn control, death messages, teleporting?

5. Offline

Uketsu

Great plugin, would like to see the unarmed skill have like a max damage of say stone sword. Also a Sword skill, and maybe a few other items as weapon skills would be nice. Such as Axe, so you can use one to defend yourself if you are chopping on trees, or a Hoe.

Another idea would be at certain skill levels make tools not needed for certain things or enhanced, such as using wood or stone tool to mine diamond if mining/smithing are high enough, or being able to mine stone barehanded if your mining/unarmed are both at certain level. Also at highest levels with some of best tools possibility for multiple block drops from one item.

This type of plugin would go great with a Class plugin, iConomy, and an npc/mob vendor/reward plugin.

Also, fishing skill with interesting things to accidentally fish up, maybe even monsters (especially if fishing in a cave deep underground)

6. Offline

nossr50

@Uketsu Actually, when writing the unarmed skill I determined that I was definitely putting in a swords skill. And then I thought why not an axe skill too? I'm trying to think of some ways for swords and axes to be different than unarmed in the way they operate so it doesn't feel samey. I'm thinking swords will apply a bleeding effect on targets and axe skill will probably raise critical hit chance (double damage). I thought of making unarmed let you break blocks (instantly) with your bare hands, still weighing out the ramifications of such a change in my head. Fishing skill sounds cool and I'll look into what I could do with it (probably catch more things than just fish).

EDIT: I also really want to put in a bows skill since I feel bows aren't very useful atm. I want to make them much more useful and fun. I'm thinking high skill levels we could have the player shoot multiple arrows at once or something cool like that.

Uketsu likes this.
  7. Offline

shadydeath999

is there a lvl limit too the skills? just wondering cus i didnt read anything about it

8. Offline

nossr50

No limits

9. Offline

shadydeath999

maybe you can add support for group specified skills like that u can difine groups to learn certain skills
    (i think might be possible when the config file is there) no sure though

btw does it work with skills plugin cus i like both very much

10. Offline

SummerForce

I have an idea for the fishing skill: In earlier levels you are more likely to catch junk rather than a fish/more valuable things.

11. Offline

nossr50

Version 0.4.4
    • Fixed being able to repair full durability iron tools
    • Fixed herbalism benefits not behaving properly
    • Fixed removing 1 diamond from every stack of diamond when repairing diamond

12. Offline

Plyz

Hmm i got 1 question, the excavation spell, will it only give light dust on dirt destroyal, or will that "Treasure" change, when highler lvl, and if so, what are the lvl limits on excavation then ?

13. Offline

Myrrdin

Hi there. Would it be possible for you to create a seperate permission for myspawn and setmyspawn? I want people to be able to set their own spawns, but not teleport to them.

14. Offline

nossr50

@Plyz Thats like 1 of the first things you find with excavation, you find more stuff.

@Myrrdin sure

Myrrdin likes this.
  15. Offline

Myrrdin

@nossr50 Thanks, you're awesome, kind sir.

16. Offline

Arisilde

Loving that you're adding permissions support. Can you expand it to allow us to choose what groups can use individual skills? I'd really like to be able to restrict the anvil to my blacksmith class.

17. Offline

Plyz

Hmm u say its one of the first things i find, but currently from lvl 30-150 im still finding dust ? when do i start finding something new ? :)

18. Offline

Penorzilla

Any plans to add required levels to mine certain ores? Would be very nice seeing as that is very rpg like. That is probably the only reason I'm missing from this plugin to switch over to it.

19. Offline

Clorith

Disregard that, just upgraded to b302 and the errors went kapoofsky :)

Loving this plugin!

20. Offline

diegokilla

@nossr, very sry if this is already posted somewhere, i am loving the party system, but is there anyway to quit the party you are in? also, i know that there are no limits to lvls, however will the skill gains (more drops/etc.) continue to increase infinitely? ie at lv 10,000 users get 17 iron from one ore? or does it hit a certain lvl and then recieve 100% double drop chance, and caps right there? if so wat lvl does it become 100%?

edit: finally switched over to this plugin, lovin it so far
    edit: also OP link to DL still says 4.2

21. Offline

nossr50

@diegokilla use /party q. The skill uses have a maximum benefit, I may add more stuff for very high skill levels once I've gotten most of the skills I want in. What level it caps is a secret, you can look it up on my source code if you're really curious.

@Clorith nice to hear that!

@Penorzilla There are no plans for it anytime soon, I may add it in as an option for those that love the grindcraft.

@Arisilde That doesn't sound like a bad idea, I wouldn't use it myself but I could put it in for people that would.

@Plyz Try digging from different blocks. Grass, dirt, gravel and sand all give different items (besides glowstone).

22. Offline

Penorzilla

can you add the /stats command to the /mcc command list?

Anyway to get rid of iron and gold ore drops from iron and gold ore and instead make it ingots? that way people just dont place the ore back on the ground and mine it to boost there level and basically just farm gold and iron?

Also not sure why.. but I'm testing out unarmed and it seems like I can hit a zombie once and level than the next level requires me to kill like 2 0r 3 zombies than the next 2 levels I'll need to hit a zombie a few times..

23. Offline

Arisilde

Thanks pal. I know I've seen a number of people asking for elements like this around different boards. Your's is the best rpg plugin out there so I'd really like to use it, but I need to be able to divide the skills up. My class system is pretty in-depth :D

You don't have any idea when you might do this do you?

24. Offline

jdawg307

I don't know why, but i'm getting this error. It only happens when i have mcMMO in the plugins folder. it won't load almost all of my plugins, and i have no plugins that edit chat.

Code:
    SEVERE: PLAYER_DROP_ITEM (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: PLAYER_DROP_ITEM
        at com.bukkit.nossr50.mcMMO.mcMMO.onEnable(mcMMO.java:42)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:135)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:292)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:175)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:60)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:45)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:153)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.c(MinecraftServer.java:140)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:104)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:177)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

25. Offline

Penorzilla

Are you using the most up to date craftbook? I'm using 252 and 302 and it works fine.

26. Offline

nossr50

@Penorzilla The exploit you described is impossible, go ahead and try it. I already coded something to stop it from happening.

@jdawg307 Please use a supported build (271 definitely works)

@Arisilde thanks

27. Offline

Daveyo

yeah permissions for all leveling effects would be nice. Would like to see a ninja learn unarmed skill, but i really dont care for the roleplay in mining, just want to hit a block as fast as possible. Although it is an excellent addon in all aspects, would just be nice to not have to have all the level up abilities on at once.

28. Offline

RedDragonGecko

getting lots of errors like this one
    Feb 10, 2011 10:24:26 PM org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager callEvent
    SEVERE: Could not pass event BLOCK_DAMAGED to mcMMO
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.bukkit.nossr50.mcMMO.mcm.simulateSkillUp(mcm.java:490)
    at com.bukkit.nossr50.mcMMO.mcBlockListener.onBlockDamage(mcBlockListener.java:42)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$21.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:226)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:60)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:214)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:367)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:104)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:315)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:230)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:512)

29. Offline

Arisilde

So any idea when you might get the skills permissions in? Not being pushy, just curious :D

30. Offline

Penorzilla

One exploit you didn't fix than is breaking items in protected areas.

You can just break anything in a protected zone to level up.

I know Levelcraft has implemented something to stop this. Maybe you can as well?

31. Offline

Juze

I haven't tested the permissions yet, but since admins have global permissions '*', they'd still give double if not triple messages, correct?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.