[INACTIVE] Exile 1.2 - Banish from the server or world on death! [860]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DrAgonmoray, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Exile - Banish players when they die!

I REVIVED EXILE AND IMPROVED SOME THINGS. WOOHOO. GO LOOK AT THE NEW THREAD HERE!

Torrent likes this.
  2. Offline

Mr-Minecraft

Goodjob (y)
    Please Please add banning from the server! There isnt any working plugins to do it right now.

3. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Sorry, I had the update for it done, but I forgot to release it. xP
    Here it is, added banning from the server, and changed the message variables. I also did some little stuff with the displaying of the time.

I hope you like it! :D

Version 1.0 released!!
    I got everything on my to-do list finished, so now Exile is at version 1.0! Report any bugs, and give me suggestions! Enjoy! :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  4. Offline

Monkah

For ban time, is 0 = forever?

I'm planning on having a massive Nether, but if you die, your gone. Forever.

5. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I actually it isn't currently possible to do forever, as this doesn't use persistence.
    I'll work on that.

6. Offline

Torrent

Very nice - was looking for a plugin which would do exactly this!

Will keep an eye on the development :)

Keep up the good work :)

7. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Thanks, I really appreciate it. ^^
    I'll try and get persistence working, and hopefully make more plugins. :)
    (I actually have another one that's almost ready for testing )
    Status update:
    I've successfully got the information of the bans written to a file, now I just have to make it read them. It should be ready soon ^^

Exile v1.1
    • Added persistence
    • Added an infinite time for banLength (-1)
    Hooray! Now your bans can last forever if you wish, and they will continue through server downtime and reloads. :D
    I made the persistence as efficiently as I could, so you shouldn't notice any performance impacts at all.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Torrent likes this.
  8. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Exile v1.2
    • Fixed not having permissions breaking Exile
    • Now if you get banned, then get the exile.exempt permission, you will get unbanned.
    And, Exile got moved to plugin releases, and I got plugin developer! Woot! :D

9. Offline

Torrent

Pumping out the updates! Very nice :)

Congrats on the plugin dev status btw :)

10. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Haha, thanks! :D
    I realized it would error without permissions, when I saw a post talking about how to make the plugin not require it. Anyway, I hope people get some use out of this plugin. :)

11. Offline

philboy11

Can you make a reverse version. If they get killed they are sent to another world instead?

12. Offline

DrAgonmoray

I could probably get that in next release.

13. Offline

m0dulus

Hey, could you make it so that person who dies gets demoted in the permissions group instead of getting banned? As an option.

14. Offline

IonKnight

This will be awesome! I may use this for temp challange server idea I'm working on. Multiplayer 404 challange ftw ;D

Once you die your out of that round for good and can't rejoin. Makes it tough and you MUST work together ;)

15. Offline

gmore70

Loving the plugin...but its not working for me. I think its because Multiverse or Essentials is interfering.
    Details.
    I did set up the config file with the one world on my multiworld server that I want it to work on. Map is called Zombie.
    When I die, I do get the correct message from exile displayed. But I respawn the same world - Zombie - and not on my default world.
    I do have Multiverse set up to hand respawns.
    I could be misunderstanding this plugin.
    Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

More to my last post.

I thought I would be helpful and I spent some time seeing if I could get this to work by playing with my Multiverse and Essential set up, but nope, nothing.

Also, I am not getting any errors in my log or console.

Im running the latest RB and minecraft...(which I now believe is the cause): RB935 and MC 1.7.2. Especially since you clearly say RB860

I also noticed that exile.bans file is always 0 k in size. Even when I die. My guess is the change to RB is stopping the exile.ban file from being written too.

Any ways, I hope I am being helpful. Let me know if you need any more details.

16. Offline

DrAgonmoray

Sorry for the late response, I've been out for a while. I actually have NOT tested it on 835+ but I will get to that soon.
    I personally had problems using Exile in my server, because the way MultiVerse handles spawns interferes. It would be best to disable that partt (MultiVerse has it in the config)

As for the exile.bans always being 0 k, it should only write to the file when the server is shut down, then create a new one on start. This is to increase efficiency as well as save you a bit of disk space :p

17. Offline

gmore70

Thanks for the response. No worries, its summer and I just thought you must be away or something.

I will wait for you to test and update.

On MV, I do make it handle all my spawns as I find it easier to manage than the minecraft files. Either way, I will figure my way around that when your done updating.

Thanks again!

18. Offline

DrAgonmoray

@gmore70

Could you please test this updated Exile against build 953 for me? I am currently unable to do so, so it would be a big help. If I remember correctly, in recommended build 928, something with world teleportation changed, so I have no idea if this will work.

19. Offline

gmore70

My server is a bit busy tonight with lots of people, so I will tomorrow. Am glad I can help!

okay, I have tested.

Sorry, but its not working. I did change multiverse so it would not handle all respawns.

Details.
    Upon death, I do go back to my main map.
    I dont get a message saying I have been exiled or time line.
    I can type "/world tnt" (tnt is the world im testing on) and I do teleport there without being blocked.
    I can use my Stargate (stargate mod) to jump to world tnt.
    I dont have any error messages in my log - none what so ever - which I really know totally sucks.

Here is my config file:

banFromServer: false
    worlds: tnt
    banTime: 2
    deathMessage: '&fYou died in the PvP world. You have been exiled for %time% minutes.'
    timeMessage: '&fYou are exiled for %time% more minutes.'

Do let me know anything I can do to help you.

20. Offline

NobodyOfNaught

it is also not working in 953 for myself

21. Offline

NobodyOfNaught

are we going to get an update for 1.7 any time soon?

22. Offline

David T.

Well, that's kind of harsh.... Why would you want to ban someone just because they died? When you go on a server. It is almost certain that you are going to die... especially if it's a PvP server.....

23. Offline

Moe041991

I think its cool. If somebody dies, he has to be for a couple of minutes in Hell (Nether) :D

24. Offline

DrAgonmoray

25. Offline

NobodyOfNaught

Anyone know of any alternatives to this plugin?

26. Offline

PatrickFreed

Anyone want this updated?

27. Offline

DrAgonmoray