Inactive [RPG] ThatOtherRPGplugin V5 - An awesome LVL system + MoneySYS [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Liam Allan, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Liam Allan

ThatOtherRPGplugin
    it's so simple, it does not even need to save to a file!
    LVL and XP viewing!

That's not even the main point of it though, I'll let you know a little secret . . .
    /me whispers "It use's the default LVL system built in :D"
    Yes. It does, It loads in what LVL you are and what XP you have! and lets you and
    over players see!

Features:
    Gain XP from breaking certain blocks
    Gain XP from placing blocks
    Gain XP by killing mobs and humans
    Gain XP by running (Only a little)
    Gain XP by fishing (Only a little)
    Gain XP by farming (XP is different with different hoes)
    Gain XP by talking (Math: event.getMessage().length() / 5)
    Climb walls!
    Survive under waters With a gold helmet, Requires LVL 25+
    Magic Spells!
    Apple drops
    Climb vines
    Better chance of catching fish the higher LVL you are (Also cooked)
    An extra MoneySYS, info below

Commands:
    • /stats - View your Stats
    • /stats <player> - View someone else's stats, Full IGN not required!
    • /magic <spell> [extra] - Cast a spell! Info below
    • /shelp - The help command :D
    Magic Spell's:
    Spells:
    "c2" - Convert to. LVL 4-10
    "dura" - Make the item in your hand invincible. LVL 15
    "world" - Play with the world using magic. LVL 10

Extra for "c2":
    stone, cobble, logs, stonebrick, bread, health (Must be a certain LVL to use some of these!)

Extra for "world":
    day, thunder

Wall Climbing:
    Climbing, Requires gold_leggings, allows you to climb stone, cobble, wood(5) & sandstone
    This requires a high LVL! Other wise your can't use it!

Extra MoneySYS (open)

Version 1
    (Not required, Does require ToRPGp)
    The money system is an awesome extra feature that allows players to earn money
    by doing jobs or by paying each other.
    Commands (command, permission - Info)
    /dosh , rpg.money.view -View how many coins you have
    /pay <player> <x> , rpg.money.pay - Pay a player X ammount
    /add <player> <X> , rpg.money.add - Add money to someones account
    /reset <player> , rpg.money.reset - Reset someones money to 0
    /jobs [job] , rpg.jobs - Apply for a job. Do /jobs for a list of them

Download here

To add:
    Broadcast when someone LVL's up
    Permissions. I'm thinking this over!
    Some stuff from here: http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/skills

Download!

ChangeLog:
    V5
    Add wall climbing possibility, Info above!
    V4.1
    Add a /shelp command to see the available commands!
    More (open)

V4
    Fixed stuff up, And made the LVL's to use some
    stuff higher :D Best version out yet! Removed
    when you gain XP through chat . . . :D
    V3.7
    Better chance of catching fish and cooked fish
    V3.6
    You can now gain XP by talking :D
    V3.5
    Add that you can climb vines and apples have a chance
    to drop out tree leaves. The higher level, The more the chance
    V3.1
    The chat now displays what LVL the player is :D
    V3
    More ways to gain XP
    V2
    Added magic spells! and you gain XP from placing
    block and break certain blocks!
    V1
    Release of the plugin :D

2. Offline

Zaros

Lookin good!

You should hae it tell the player how much xp they get.
    Ex: zaros kills cow. "You gained 7 xp."
    It could be configurable on and off. A death message would be cool too!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
    Liam Allan likes this.
  3. Offline

Liam Allan

Good idea :D Please download latest version that has more awesome features!

4. Offline

Zaros

Can't... Math test =D...

Liam Allan likes this.
  5. Offline

Liam Allan

Haha, Ok :D

6. Offline

Lolmewn

Any max levels?

7. Offline

Liam Allan

Nope, They can go as high as Minecraft allows :D

8. Offline

Tauryuu

You should remove the Magic thing and make an API for other Spells plugins to hook into this plugin :)

It won't be as well as the other Spell dedicated plugins.

9. Offline

Liam Allan

Ok, Instead I'll add an option for the magic to be enable or disabled, And I'll show plugins how do 'hook-in' :D

10. Offline

Tauryuu

Cool :)

11. Offline

Emiya Shirou

Hmm I will test in a minute but before I'll start.

I'm seeing right, there are no config files, just put jar in plugins folder and you are ready to go ^^ ?

EDIT: While I was testing, this error poped out
    Code:
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     ... 12 more
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:39)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at me.liamallan.ToRPGplugin.ToRPGplugin.onCommand(ToRPGplugin.java:85)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:714)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:721)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:756)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:353)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:41)
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'stats' in plugin ToRPGplugin v5
    24.09 07:24:40 [Server] SEVERE null
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     ... 12 more
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:39)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at me.liamallan.ToRPGplugin.ToRPGplugin.onCommand(ToRPGplugin.java:85)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:374)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:464)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:108)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:92)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:714)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:721)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:756)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:353)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:163)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:41)
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] INFO org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'stats' in plugin ToRPGplugin v5
    24.09 07:24:33 [Server] SEVERE null
    24.09 07:22:38 [Server] INFO [AuthMe] Player Emiya_Shirou logged in!
    24.09 07:22:27 [Server] INFO New max size: 784
    24.09 07:22:27 [Server] INFO New max size: 484
    24.09 07:22:27 [Connect] User Emiya_Shirou, IP blah.blah.blah
    EDIT: Is there a way to disable Vines climbing ? (but leave wall climbing with boots alone)

12. Offline

feildmaster

The max level is 7.

EDIT: i was wrong, that was my plugin bugging out as I updated it to be correct... :)

EDIT2: there doesn't seem to be a real... "max level" (very high number)
    but the experience bar doesn't show at all at 82560 exp... not exactly sure how this works. nope.

Liam Allan likes this.
  13. Offline

Liam Allan

It's not a console command :D And I'll do something about the vines!
    Update Bukkit . . .

14. Offline

Emiya Shirou

Update? To what? It's already running Recommended Build: 1185 (MC: 1.8.1)
    Anyway I've disabled this plugin, would be good if you include option to disable those nasty apples... in 5 minutes players farmed couple stacks x64 with those apples... both gold and red ones D:

15. Offline

Liam Allan

Yeah, if you download the latest version, There's a fix for that :D

16. Offline

Laguna

Hi I have a question. I installed the plugin on a test server that I have, and next to the nick appears for the user level. But when I put also the Essentials plugin, Level does not appear, why? I have to configure what to display?

Sorry my english, im spanish ^^U

17. Offline

Liam Allan

:D Essentials override's it, And I can't change it sorry . . .

18. Offline

Laguna

ok, thank you very much ^^

Liam Allan likes this.
  19. Offline

Axiz

Can you make it that I can choose which levels are enabled? For example if I dont want to use the fishing level I can choose so in the config.

Liam Allan likes this.
  20. Offline

lordkalem

the vine climing is still very glichy, it will shoot you to the top and wont let you go down like a ladder

im lvl 31 and i still cant climb walls with gold leggings

just at what lvl can you do things at you should have posted them

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

21. Offline

Liam Allan

35 to climb stone, cobble and another thing but I forgot

22. Offline

lordkalem

ok at lvl 35 you can climb a wall with gold leggings. but like the vines it is very very glichy

oh i see you beet me to it XP i posted that without knowing you replyed yet XD

23. Offline

Liam Allan

Can you please not spam this post please.

24. Offline

lordkalem

mk bug report.
    climbing vines and climbing walls will only let you go up and it wont let you stop going up.
    diamonds for health is absurd.
    you need a config file to let server hosts choose a level cap and to let them add and remove block exchanges. like /magic c2 14 41 and if i have 64 gold ore i would get something like 15 or less goldblocks for all that.

last thing is there is a plugin that lets ops set their xp level. i tryed it out with this and whenever i setmy xp it will revert my level to 0 or 1. can you please make a compatible fix with this plugin
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fix-mech-xpmod-v1-2-everything-experience-1185.37744/

heres a video of all the bugs it has i would like fixed.

25. Offline

Liam Allan

Theres nothing todo with underwater stuff in my plugin.

lordkalem likes this.
  26. Offline

lordkalem

reaheheheally

you know iv noticed that you'v been online for over 2 hours now liam. in all that time you could have fixed one glitch partially. although as far as i know that could have been what you'v been doing this hole time XD.

Liam Allan likes this.
  27. Offline

CraftyMclovin

hmmmm there's no permissions? =/

28. Offline

Ziden

is it possible to disable loosing levels on death w/o saving them into a file ?

29. Offline

ullert

i have been looking for a plugin like these for wheeks and i yust wondered how to downlod it?
    i have tried to klikk the link but nothing happens please help me...

30. Offline

Dangeman

looks epic i may want to make a video care to join me Liam Allan