RPGWorld wants you!

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by RPGWorld, Oct 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RPGWorld

RPGWorld is a plugin in development but @ZNickq , @Samkio , and @tips48 , as well as several other developers, which aims at creating a complete rpg experience in Minecraft! Right now, it has a quest system,levels, and huge NPC cities full of life, some of them finished,some of them not,and we need more help!
    RPGWorld is in need of talented:
    • Developers (0/1)
    • Graphic artists (0/1)
    • Website designers (0/1)
    Think your interested? PM RPGWorld with the the position you want to fill as the title.
    Thanks!

2. What kind of graphic artist are you looking for? If its Photoshop stuff, Count me in :). Can also create websites, but wouldnt want to do it alone, as its alot of work :)

www.portsmouthdestroyers.co.uk for one which I created for reference.

3. Offline

Ahniolator

I could do web design, or be a dev. Still pretty new to java, but I can do/learn whatever is needed of me. ;)

4. Offline

Samkio

@BeerHuntor
    You link is different to what you stated. It goes to .tk.

---
    I can script in php and i started webdesign before Java. I could do a website but alas not sure if i have the time.

5. Yeah I realised that but i guessed people would put the .co.uk in when they realised. Guess not.

www.portsmouthdestroyers.co.uk

6. Offline

ZachBora

Samkio likes this.
  7. Offline

Lolmewn

Hmm.. I could do some dev-in in my spare time :p

8. Offline

iffa

Let us not invite Grammar Troll here. FIX THE GRAMMAR!

tips48 likes this.
  9. Offline

ZachBora

The G on my skin is for Grammar Nazi XD

10. Offline

Jaker232

I'm not talented enough, but I hope that this is a very successful project. (True, 80% of my code needs revamping. Curse you Bukkit!)

11. BUMP!
    We need atleast one more graphic designer and developer

12. Offline

ZachBora

I could give it a try as dev.

13. PM RPGWorld

14. Offline

ryanertel

i could do any of them
    i`m pretty new to java but so far ive been catching on fast and my dad knows a lot about programming so he can teach me stuff. as for graphic design i do photoshop stuff.

15. PM RPGWorld about graphics stuff with some examples :)

16. Offline

ryanertel

il try and get some stuff i havent done much since i got my new laptop since it doesnt have photoshop cs3

i assume the graphic arts stuff will all be just like adverts. right?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
    tips48 likes this.
  17. Offline

ArcheCane

I'm quite a GIMP expert myself but finding the time would be a pain staking process, as i am currently moving house.

18. Yes.
    @ArcheCane okay. If you ever want to help and have time, im sure we could find something to do :p

19. Offline

ArcheCane

Sure thing. :)

20. Offline

Ziden

Hi there !

I think the plugin is very intresting, and specially intresting to my server. I still use a higly modded samkio´s levelcraft plugin on my server and a classes plugin, and i belive this is a missing piece.

Im not a java pro, but i can manage do do many things. Im good at using spout client-side features, managed to transform the whole crafting way of levelcraft using spout and tryed to do a 100% visual window for a trade system.

I dont have that much time to spare, since im aways working on my server, but i could help if you wanted to. I belive if i help to make this plugin, not only it will come faster to release but i would know about it more to fit my server.

Thanx for the attention !

PS: Im Samkio´s fan

Samkio likes this.
  21. Offline

ZachBora

Welcome to the club, here's your badge. We don't have capes yet :/

tips48 likes this.
  22. Offline

Yudaz

Hello! :D

I dont know anything about plugin development, It was just becasue I was bored I zwapped over this thread and then I saw this oppurtunity. But what I do know is webdesigning and programming. I am not a proffesional, but I have been going on many courses for webdesigning/programmers by very fantastic webdesigning proffesionals. And I have of course been trying makin some websites (successful), also been on Youtube, and around internet to learn...

I do also know about how s server for a website works. But you probably also know... ;)

I do know the clientencodes HTML, CSS, Javascript and C# (learning more and more everyday). I will of course learn the ones you need, but I dont know what you need, so...

So what position I seek is Webdesigner...

And since I am "doing" webdesigner as a hobby, I have, use, and can Adobe Photoshop CS5. For this I will probably using the program Microsoft Visual Studio. (Not that I want it easy, I will use coding all the times, but it is more helping me doing it more clean...)

I think this sounds awesome, I allways wanted like RPGWorld in Minecraft. I am really exited about doing this, and I will check Bukkit forum everyday for now! :rolleyes:

Well, the time of this will go in my spear time... (My spear time is from 15:00 to 21:00, in the weekends and also almost every Norwegian holiday. Not that I want to work all the time with this, I will be on vacation a few times and I will be sometimes out with friends.)

23. Offline

Ziden

Hey i know you are integrating LevelCraft into this, i got some cool suggestions worked in my server.

ive changed how lc works. It doesnt restrict players from equipping/gathering, it works under chances. When a player crafts a item, there is a chance based on the player level that the item will break, or start out damaged. The same for mostly all crafting items, farming crafts sugar, forgery crafts tools/equips and so on. Then for gathering, the player with low skill have a chance on wasting the block he just gathered based on his level.

This make diamonds become very rare , and every single material in the game becomes valuable.

Used spout to do this, i think its more fun then stopping the player to use tha tool

ZachBora likes this.
  24. Offline

thehutch

RPGWorld wants you but do you want RPGWorld? :p

tips48 likes this.
  25. Offline

Ziden

i want rpgworld :O

26. Offline

emericask8ur

Derp here

Thread Status: