run bat file

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Zankla, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zankla

I am attempting to get 1.4.2-ro.2.jar up but the run bat that I had for 1.3.2 does not start it

I get

'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

the following is the run.bat that worked perfectly with 1.3.2

@Echo off
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar craftbukkit.jar
    pause

oh i had changed my 1.3.2 jar to just craftbukkit, that did nothing with 1.4.2

now I get

error: unable to access jarfile craftbukkit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Offline

legoboy33

Make sure the name of the .jar file is 'craftbukkit' as you have in your batch file.

Also you may need to change the Path of your computer so 'java' can be reconized as a command. There are plenty of tutorials out there for this.

This is what I have in my batch file:

@ECHO OFF
    java -Xmx5G -Xms5G -jar "craftbukkit-1.4.2-R0.2.jar"
    pause

3. Offline

Toxic__Waste

just in case remember to name the 1.4.2 craftbukkit not craftbukkit.jar that would make it craftbukkit.jar.jar and of course make sure its in the same folder

4. Offline

Zankla

going to attempt to redown load it and change the runbat to the name it is. I have tried so many different things and so far nothing has worked

Thanks I will see how it goes

@Echo OFF
    java -Xmx5G -Xms5G -jar "craftbukkit-1.4.2-R0.2.jar"
    pause

using this gives me

'java' not recognized again

I just don't understand I have done everything the guides and tutorials say to do but get the same thing

nope doesn't seem to matter what I do I get the unable to recognize error

which is strange because I had zero problems with 1.3.2

totally worked :) copied and pasted the folder into the run file like he said and BAM

@Echo off
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xms1024M -Xmx1024M -jar "C:\Users\Jeff\Desktop\local bukkit\craftbukkit.jar"
    pause

Thanks guys for the help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.