Save a location in config and get it

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by ArthurHoeke, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ArthurHoeke

Hello
    How to save a location, And get the location back from the config?

2. Offline

JBoss925

If you're just looking for one location, you can do:
    Code:java
    1. this.getConfig().setInt("x", p.getLocation().getBlockX());
    2. this.getConfig().setInt("y", p.getLocation().getBlockY());
    3. this.getConfig().setInt("z", p.getLocation().getBlockZ());

then to get it do:
    1. this.getConfig().getInt("x");
    2. this.getConfig().getInt("y");
    3. this.getConfig().getInt("z");

3. Offline

ArthurHoeke

JBoss925 And in my onenable? I saw i need some code there
    And how to make a location from it when you get it?

4. Offline

JBoss925

1. new Location(p.getWorld, this.getConfig().getInt("x"), this.getConfig().getInt("y"), this.getConfig().getInt("z"));

5. Offline

ArthurHoeke

JBoss925 But i need to put some code in the onenable to load up the config i saw

6. Offline

1Rogue

Just save the vector:

1. Location loc;//location to serialize
    2. FileConfiguration yourConfig;//should reference whatever configuration file you're using
    3. yourConfig.set("some-location", loc.getVector());
    4. Vector v = (Vector) yourConfig.get("some-location");
    5. Location configLocation = v.toLocation(/*pass a world object*/);

You'll need to either keep track of the world yourself (serialize the world's UUID) or supply it to the Vector#toLocation, but that's the gist of it.

TigerHix likes this.
  7. Offline

coasterman10

This is a strong indicator that you are looking to be spoon-fed. Never program from the perspective of what code you need to put, but instead what you need to do, and then from there extrapolate the necessary code. There is no such thing as magic code or a specific bunch of code that magically makes things work.

Anyways, we can help you with parts of loading the config, but we are not going to spoon-feed you the code if you don't understand what it does and instead intend to blindly copy+paste it.

ever_x and TigerHix like this.
  8. Offline

ArthurHoeke

coasterman10 I I do not need a whole sermon about this.... Its only a question...

9. Offline

coasterman10

ArthurHoeke In that case, your question appears to already have been answered.

TigerHix likes this.
  10. Offline

TigerHix

@1Rogue's answer is correct and simple, but if you still don't understand, add following methods into your class (Better create a new Utils class).

1. public static Location stringToLocation(String string) {
    2. if (string.split(",").length != 5 && string.split(",").length != 3) return null;
    3. return string == null ? null : string.split(",").length == 5
    4. ? new Location(Bukkit.getWorld(string.split("@")[0]), Double.parseDouble(string.split("@")[1].split(",")[0]), Double.parseDouble(string.split(",")[1]), Double.parseDouble(string.split(",")[2]), Float.parseFloat(string.split(",")[3]), Float.parseFloat(string.split(",")[4]))
    5. : new Location(Bukkit.getWorld(string.split("@")[0]), Double.parseDouble(string.split("@")[1].split(",")[0]), Double.parseDouble(string.split(",")[1]), Double.parseDouble(string.split(",")[2]));
    6. }
    8. public static String locationToString(Location location) {
    9. return (location.getYaw() == 0 && location.getPitch() == 0)
    10. ? location.getWorld().getName() + "@" + location.getX() + "," + location.getY() + "," + location.getZ()
    11. : location.getWorld().getName() + "@" + location.getX() + "," + location.getY() + "," + location.getZ() + "," + location.getYaw() + "," + location.getPitch();
    12. }

To save a location into a string, use

1. Location location = new Location(Bukkit.getWorld("world"), 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 0, 0);
    2. config.set("location", locationToString(location));

You should get following things in your config (of course! you need to saveConfig(); first.)

To load a string into a location, use

1. Location location = stringToLocation(config.getString("location"));

I have to admit that this is kind-of spoon-fed, so please learn the code yourself and try to understand how it works. If you have question you can ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.