Save Inventory in MySQL

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MrHatz2, Oct 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MrHatz2

How do you save an inventory in a MySQL database?

2. Offline

FerusGrim

Magic.

Goblom likes this.
  3. Offline

MrHatz2

FerusGrim
    At least post something that is relevant to the thread topic.

4. Offline

FerusGrim

Could you be a bit more descriptive, man?

What do you mean save an inventory? Do you have any SQL knowledge? Do you have any code already?

No one is going to go through all the effort to post an entire class that properly manages SQL connections, queries, updates, as well as a manager for an inventory. That's silly.

5. Offline

MrHatz2

FerusGrim
    I need help with the saving an inventory

6. Offline

FerusGrim

-sigh-

Magic, man. Magic.

Anyways: Why do you need to save an entire inventory in SQL. Surely there are better ways?

7. Offline

MrHatz2

FerusGrim
    k, I thought people here would understand saving an inventory i need to Save the items in the inventory along with the size, name of the inventory,

8. Offline

FerusGrim

Well, I'm stumped. Sorry. If I knew basic Java, and cared to use Google a bit, I could probably throw together something. Unfortunately, I don't. :/

AdamQpzm likes this.
  9. Offline

MrHatz2

FerusGrim
    u at least tried to help and thats all it matters.

10. Offline

Aqua

MrHatz2
    Iterate the inventory contents, get the material, amount, damage, data, name, lore, whatever-else-you-need and turn it into a large string and save that string.

No, I don't have examples on how to.

11. Offline

MrHatz2

Aqua
    am confused wouldnt you have at least some sort of code to show this?

also surely it would take up space if there there we're a lot of inventories and they have a lot of items in them would it not?

12. Offline

FerusGrim

No one is going to have code to explain this to you, as I've already said:
    We try to not spoonfeed people, here. Do the work yourself. I'm afraid my last post may have been a bit too subtle for you to understand, but I was suggesting that you yourself use Google.

If you get stuck on something specific, we'll help you out. No, we will not write this for you. If that's what you want, feel free to post in Plugin Requests.

13. Offline

MrHatz2

FerusGrim
    What I find funny is when people say 'Lol no one is going to do the work for you' and then go off and say 'POST IN THE PLUGIN REQUEST'. So with this logic that nobody would do the work for me, what makes me want to post in the Plugin Requests if NO ONE wants to do the work for me?

14. Offline

FerusGrim

No one in Plugin Development is going to do this for you. Plugin Requests is specifically geared towards people making plugins for others.

AdamQpzm likes this.
  15. Offline

MrHatz2

FerusGrim
    But I don't want a plugin to be made for me. I already worked out my plugin idea started work on it and I need help with this one SPECIFIC part. I would understand if I were to say "halo plz make me this plugin that does x function and y stuff" but I'm not asking for that am I?

16. Offline

FerusGrim

That's the thing, though. You're not asking for help. As has been said several times in this thread already, if you produce code, we'll show you where your problems are, what you're missing, and better ways to write your code.

What you are asking for, is someone to write out this part of your code for you. Which is lame.

Aqua already laid out what I presume to be (I haven't looked it over) a valid outline for your project. Use Google. Follow it. Quit being lazy.

When you've written some code, and need some guidance, come back. Until then, you're wasting everyone's time.

As a condolence for my, admittedly, bad attitude in this topic, here: link

Looking at that should kind of give you an idea of how to work with SQL. Produce some code based off of that, and come back.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2016
  17. Offline

MrHatz2

FerusGrim
    I am asking for help. And where's the big sign that EXPLICITLY says "No code = no help". There isn't one. There this description that says "Need help developing a plugin?" in which I do need help. Your point is invalid.

I do appreciate Aqua here being the ONLY helpful person here and his/her answer is perfectly valid, and to that's the only point I agree with you. I just don't get it and need a little oomf! somewhere.

18. Offline

FerusGrim

MrHatz2 - Read my last message. :)

19. Offline

indyetoile

MrHatz2
    Serialize the inventory and write the data to a MySQL database.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.