[SEC/ADMN/MECH] Road Protector v0.1.3 - Simple plugin to protect areas [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by fromgate, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Offline

fromgate

v0.1.0 features video:

2. Offline

KrazyFries

I love the plugin and think its a great idea but i have a few points.....
    1) When using the commands /rp exbreak or /rp explace they work but you have to manually reset the blocks if you want to remove them (in the config file) because if you have previously made a specific block placeable or breakable and you want to reset it so you can't place /destroy it, when you try /rp exbreak it just lets you break anything... :confused:
    Correct me if im wrong :p
    2) I love the ability to set the messages when attempting to place / destroy and the compatibility with the mc colour codes works great, but is it possible to set the prefix as well? e.g. default is [RP] <message> but i would like to change the [RP] or even remove it if that is possible?
    Overall it is an awesome plugin and i recommend anyone viewing this post tries it out, but they are just some ideas I have thought about in game.
    From KrazyFries

3. Offline

fromgate

KrazyFries

Hello, thank you for your message and suggestion.

1. Command /rp explace <id1,di2,..idN> and /rp exbreak <id1,di2,..idN> are setting up exclusion blocks, that any player can place and break in protected area. This feature created for allowing player to create a farms in protected area.
    If you need to build and destroy something in your area for a moment, you can enable edit-mode (command /rp edit) build/destroy anything you want and then disable edit mode (again /rp edit)
    And you may find useful command /rp crmode - when this mode enabled all players in creative mode can build in protected area.
    2. Prefix mean the "RoadProtector". Hmmm... I'll do something with it :)

4. Offline

KrazyFries

Im being really picky here and i don't mind if you disregard this message but i was wondering if you could maybe set it so non ops can use this plugin and be able to place inside ONLY THEIR AREA? because if they do /rp edit they can edit everything... :(

5. Offline

fromgate

KrazyFries, now it's not possible yet: plugin did not store any information about protected area at files or any kind of databases. It just check is there's a "protector" around a player. Now RoadProtector is not a "private" plugin, it just provide a "protection", so you don't need to grant permission "roadprotector.edit" to all users.
    In future I'm planning to add more options (and change a way of protections) but I cannot predict when this features will be added.

6. Offline

fromgate

7. Offline

fromgate

8. Offline

fromgate

9. Offline

fromgate

10. Offline

Gold_Squadron

Can you add people to your protection

11. Offline

fromgate

Gold_Squadron
    "add people"?? What you mean? RoadProtect is a protecting plugin, not a private. All protection are bounded to protectors block. I think it not possible yet to add people to the... bedrock block :)

12. Offline

fromgate

RoadProtector is not "Inactive". It fully compatible with 1.4.7-R1.0 and latest dev. builds of craftbukkit (1.5.1-R0.1)

13. Offline

Exit151

Any chance of this being updated (or does it already work with) 1.7.2 (1.7.x)? Can anyone verify whether they use this plugin on a 1.7.x server?

14. Offline

fromgate

Exit151 likes this.